Evening call to prayer, will you get "on bended knees" and pray with me?

As night comes upon us, and this day comes to a close, we prepare for the next paragraph in our book of life! I pray that this day the dreaded MONDAY has been a good one for you, that you welcomed it with a great attitude and that you have been able to see good results! Today has been a "swelling" day for me, I have health problems and sometimes my legs, ankles, and feet will swell to the point of bursting open, I know they will  not rupture but it sure seems to the point, so I ask if you would say a prayer for me, I am due to travel tomorrow and can only imagine if the swelling does not come down, how uncomfortable and horrible the drive will be! Thank you for always lifting prayers, for joining me when I call out and for praying for me when I am in need! This morning I made the call for special prayers for a dear lady and her children who are saying goodbye to husband and father, I ask that you continue to pray for her, when we marry and have children I think we never think about having to say goodbye to our spouse, please lift her to our Father in Heaven that she might feel comfort, calm and peace and that his children know that their dad is in heaven now, waiting for the day that God bring them and his wife home to him. I ask you to join me in continued prayer for all those suffering, to continue prayer for those who are away from their loved ones as the holiday weekend is fast approaching, for those who are overseas fighting as we celebrate our independence  with bbq, cold drinks, laughter, joy, and fireworks... they fight so that we can keep our independence and freedom! Also please if you have special prayer request, if you know of someone in need, either comment here or leave it on my facebook page so that we can add it to our circle of prayer. I have seen the power of prayer, I have seen miracles and I know that if we humbly pray, we can make a difference! If you would like to be a part of the circle of prayer please join my blog spot, I try and post prayers as they are requested so that we can pray right then and there, this is so very important and I look forward to praying with you! Love in Christ to each of you, you are important and you are loved!!! God bless each of you with peaceful sleep, beautiful dreams and may the day look hope filled and joyful when you arise! 


A Prayer by Thomas Merton
from 
Thoughts in Solitude

My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone. 


No comments: