Let me be slow to judge and quick to forgive...


Happy Friday morning my friends, it is a bright sun shiny day out, I love the "son" shining on my face and warming my heart!!! 

In prayer this morning as I sat allowing the warmth of the sun to shower down on me, I thanked God for the gift of you in my life, I thanked Him for allowing every day to be a new chance at getting things done correctly and I thanked him for letting me be a part of it. I thanked him for his patience with me, I thanked him for the strength that he affords me each day and I praised his Holy name for all the good things in my life. I prayed for peace in our hearts, for calm in our minds and comfort in our bodies. I continued to pray for miracles of healing for all who are suffering with disease and sickness. I asked Him to bless each of us with answered prayers this day. I asked all of these favors in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

I came upon this "inspiring prayer" this morning and thought it might be just what we need for today. I know that I get caught up in the rush of the day at times and the me, me, me and tend to forget that others are pludging through the same muddy field that I am!


an inspiring prayer
-- Author Unknown

Heavenly Father, help us remember that the jerk who cut us off in traffic last night is a single mother who worked nine hours that day and is rushing home to cook dinner, help with homework, do the laundry and spend a few precious moments with her children.

Help us to remember that the pierced, tattooed, disinterested young man who can't make change correctly is a worried 19-year-old college student, balancing his apprehension over final exams with his fear of not getting his student loans for next semester.

Remind us, Lord, that the scary looking bum, begging for money in the same spot every day (who really ought to get a job!) is a slave to addictions that we can only imagine in our worst nightmares.

Help us to remember that the old couple walking annoyingly slow through the store aisles and blocking our shopping progress are savoring this moment, knowing that, based on the biopsy report she got back last week, this will be the last year that they go shopping together.

Heavenly Father, remind us each day that, of all the gifts you give us, the greatest gift is love. It is not enough to share that love with those we hold dear. Open our hearts not to just those who are close to us, but to all humanity. Let us be slow to judge and quick to forgive, show patience, empathy and love.

No comments: