Father God, guide me so that I might have sweet happiness....



Good morning and Happy Sunday! I pray your day is going well, that you are able to share some intimate time with our Father in heaven today and that the love in your heart is bursting and ready to be shared with all. 

In prayer this morning I sat in the silence of my home, enjoying the warmth of the heater and the solitude. I sat and listened to the still quiet voice of God and thanked him for all of the love and goodness he gives me each and every day. I thanked him for allowing me to rise this morning, for allowing me another day to praise him. I prayed for peace for each of you, peace in your day, peace in your mind, peace in your heart and peace in your family. I asked God to bless each of you with your needs. Father I ask you to continue to bless my friend Star with day to day healing and to allow the wonderful spirit she has to continue, thank you for the inspiration of her, her faith and her upbeat attitude is amazing. In the name of Jesus Christ I ask for favor and merciful healing. Amen

The story below is a great little read, it is not what life can give to you it is all about what you can give to life!!!

What You Can Give To Life

"I’m not sure what I want out of life." Those were the words I spoke to my high school guidance counselor some 27 years ago. At that point life seemed to be a mysterious adventure that lay far beyond the security of high school. Little did I know then just how much of an adventure that next quarter of a century would be. It was full of ups and downs, joys and tragedies, triumphs and mistakes, laughter and pain, love and heartbreak. One thing is sure, though, I definitely didn’t get what I wanted. And for that I am eternally grateful. 

You see, God in His infinite wisdom always gave me what I needed and not what I thought I wanted. If I had gotten what I had wished for I would be a far more selfish and far less loving person today. Instead God kept me growing, learning, and becoming the person I was meant to be. Life was my school, troubles were my teachers, and the twists and turns of this world were my courses. The classes continue on as well for me, you, and everyone here. 

These days I try not to think of what I want out of life but think of what I can give to life instead. I strive to be a loving mother, a caring friend, and a good neighbor. I seek to do what I can with what I have to make Earth a little more like Heaven and to show others that they can do the same. I try to share all the things I have learned these past 27 years: that God loves us more than we could ever dream, that we can love each other as well, and that when we do so we will have JOY no matter what struggles we may face or losses we may endure. 

Take some time today then to think about what you can give to life. You are a beloved Child of God with unique talents, knowledge, and blessings. You can give this world so much love and do so much to help others. You can make this world and your soul a little better each day. And when you do so you will get what we all truly want out of life: sweet happiness.

No comments: