Keep your spirit in the heavens even while your feet are here on earth....



Good morning, boy mother nature was all over the place during the night. I was not sleepy and wound up staying up until about 3 a.m., when I got into bed sleep would not come, I prayed my sleep time prayers and could not believe how awake I was after. I finally decided the tossing and turning was not fair to Wayde so I got out of bed at 5:15 a.m. and shortly after received a text message from a sweet friend asking if my daughter was okay, I had not a clue that there had been bad weather in Kansas. My Megan is fine to my knowledge and it does not appear that the town in which she lives had any disturbing weather at all...according to the weather channel, I dared not call to check on her as she has a had time sleeping if awoken. I pray your day is a good one, we are gearing up for a pretty good snow storm this afternoon, it has already started to fall and is only supposed to get heavier as the day proceeds. 

In prayer this morning I had total peace and quiet, I sat by the window watching the little flurries of snow falling and absorbed the wonderful spirit of our Father in Heaven. I called out for all of you to join me in praying for the storm ravaged areas, Branson Missouri took some pretty good hits and there are several fatalities at this hour, please join me in lifting Branson and its people in prayer asking God to comfort and calm them as they begin to dig out. Father for those still in the paths of the storm in Kentucky and various other areas please wrap a shield of protection around all and keep them free from harm. I continue to pray for my friend Star who is doing very well and is filling my heart with her will and determination. Asking God to bless my friends sister who is recovering from surgery and has had a few set backs, Father touch her with your healing hands this day and allow her the knowledge that she will come through this and have a full recovery. Praying daily for a very sweet lady and her care giver that God's will be done and that they have a day filled with clarity.  I pray for each of you that God might bless you with your needs, that he will give you the strength you need today to get past anything that might try to block your way, to give you peace, calm, comfort and always his love. In the name of Jesus Christ I ask for mercy and favor. Amen

If you know me, you know I love very much to sit out in the early morning and listen to the beautiful song of the birds, I love to watch them soar high in the sky. When I read this story I really felt the warmth and the love that it was written with, the words are very wise. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did...spread your wings and soar:) 

Ready To Fly

Something new showed up on my Dad’s front porch this Spring: a nest. A robin decided that the top of a corner post just under the metal roof would be the perfect place to put her new home. Slowly she started to build it stick by stick. My Dad noticed what she was doing and tossed her work back off the porch, hoping that she would take the hint and choose a nearby tree instead. The robin was determined, however, and kept returning to rebuild her nest again and again. Finally, my Dad gave in and let her finish her work. When it was done the robin laid her eggs and settled into her warm, dry, safe home. 

A few weeks later three tiny heads suddenly emerged over the corner of the nest. I had never seen baby birds so close up before. Each one looked like a tiny vulture dressed in a fluffy, wool sweater. I watched in wonder as the little heads tilted back and the ugly beaks stretched wide to receive the food that was dropped into them. I knew too that their mom would continue her work everyday, lovingly feeding her babies until they were grown, beautiful, and ready to fly. 

Watching those baby birds made me think too about how so many of us huddle in our own nests day after day waiting for the time when we will be ready to fly. So many of us look over the edge terrified to make that first leap to live and to love. So many of us spend our hours dreaming of soaring in the clouds while we sit scared on a pile of sticks. 

We aren’t meant to hide in our nests, though. God created us to fly. God created us to soar into the sky on the wings of love and joy. God created us to go higher and higher with every good thought we think and kind act we do. We just have to make that first leap. Don’t let the birds have all the fun then. You are ready. Live well, fly high, and help a few others out of their nests along the way. Keep your spirit in the heavens even while your feet are here on Earth.

No comments: