Love is a greater treasure than all the crown jewels that ever sat on a queen's head...




Happy Monday evening my friends, I pray that you and yours have had a great start to a week that will only get better and better. It has been a beautiful day here with the sun shining and little to no wind at all. Counting my blessings for all that I have been given....

In prayer this evening I ask that you pray for a sweet friend of mine who lost her sweet dog, Annie. I do not know the circumstances but I do know what a sadness comes over our heart when we lose one of our 4 legged babies. I ask God to bless her with peace in her hears. I also would like to ask for special prayers for a very special lady who has battled for so long, who has lived on borrowed time for so long and is so very tired. Father this sweet lady is so ready to come home to join her sweet husband. Let us all pray for God's will to be done and that if it be her time that she embrace this next horizon of her life and that she know how much she is loved. I prayed for each of you as I always do asking God to bless you with his love, his peace, his calm and his comfort. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 

I love this next story, I am one who has allowed the throws of life to get to me from time to time and in looking at what is the most in my life. I am beyond rich...my daughter and my family make me the richest! 

It’s Free

I was doing my monthly bills again recently. The stack was huge, so I took a moment to enjoy the balance at the top of the page. Then I clutched my pen and started to write check after check to pay bill after bill while the balance got smaller and smaller with each one. 

I finally finished and looked at what was left. The ending balance wasn’t much. It amazed me just how much everything costs these days. I looked down again at the tiny amount left over and sighed. It was then, however, that I felt someone behind me. I turned and saw my youngest son smiling down on me. His handicapped mind had no concept of money, yet his gentle spirit seemed to know that I could use his smile right then. I put my pen down, got up from the table, and gave my boy a hug. I rested my chin on his shoulder, patted him on the back, and thanked God one more time for giving him to me. At that moment I felt like the richest man in the entire world. I thanked God again for helping me to see the truth that the most priceless thing in this whole world is free. 

Love is a greater treasure than all the crown jewels that ever sat on a Queen’s head. Love is more precious than every ounce of gold that was ever mined from the ground. Love is more valuable than all the stocks and bonds that Wall Street ever sold. Love is what we are here for. Love is what life is all about. And love is free! 

The next time then that your pockets are empty, the next time that your bank balance is low, the next time that you don’t have a thin dime to your name remember that the most valuable thing in this life doesn’t cost a cent. Love is a gift from God that we are all free to share. It brings us more joy than all the money in the world and the more we give it away the more of it we have in our hearts, souls, and lives.

No comments: