Today I can be me, who are you going to be????


Good morning and happy Thursday, I pray your day is off to a great start and that it just keeps getting better and better...remember you are in control, you make the choice of good or bad...soooooo....why not have a joy filled day? 


In prayer this morning as I sat outside in the semi sunshine, I thanked Father God for all of the beauty around me, our daffodils once again popping through the earth showing that spring is indeed on its way, for the birds singing and the clouds moving to give way to blue skies and sunshine. I thanked him for each of you, for the love and support you give me each day and I thanked him for the miracles that we are standing witness to, beautiful healing miracles by his hand as answers to our prayers. I thanked him for all of his love and I prayed that this day each of us would be blessed with strength, peace, calm comfort and guidance. I asked all of these favors and mercies in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen. 


I came across this little writing and felt it to be very ingenious, I loved the where we have been parts and the where we are going parts...I hope you will enjoy it! 

Something You Can't Fake

One person writes: "I have been in many places, but I have never been in Cahoots. Apparently you can't go there alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone. I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there. I have, however, been in Sane. You have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my family, friends and those where I have worked." 

I find myself in some interesting places - like Love. Have you ever been in Love? It can be a hard place to leave. Occasionally I find myself in Fear, in Doubt and, at times, in Capable. I don't like to spend a lot of time there. 

But what about Sincere? Have you been in Sincere, lately? I've been there and it is not an honorable place to go. 

A guy was in Sincere when he bought his wife a beautiful diamond ring for Christmas. Well, not quite a diamond, but it looked like one. 

A friend of his said, "I thought she wanted one of those pretty 4-wheel drive vehicles." 

He shrugged his shoulders. "She did. But where in the world was I going to find a fake jeep?" 

Is there such a thing as a fake relationship? 

You remember comedian Tommy Smothers old line? "The best thing about getting older is that you gain sincerity. Once you learn to fake that, there's nothing you can't do." 

I heard a true story of a teenager who got a tattoo on her hip - a delicate little Japanese symbol. At her friend's house she showed it off. The friend's mother commented on it and the girl begged, "Please don't tell my parents." 

The mother assured her that she wouldn't say anything about it. Then she asked, "By the way, what does it stand for?" 

"Honesty," she said. 

I love irony. 

When I am sincere, there's nothing to hide. I am just me. It's something I can't fake. And if I'm the best me that I can be, then what can I be that is any better? 

The Wall Street Journal once printed a little piece titled "Sincerity." It is one of my favorites. 

"I wish I were big enough honestly to admit all my shortcomings; brilliant enough to accept praise without it making me arrogant; tall enough to tower above deceit; strong enough to welcome criticism; compassionate enough to understand human frailties; wise enough to recognize my mistakes; humble enough to appreciate greatness; staunch enough to stand by my friends; human enough to be thoughtful of my neighbor; and righteous enough to be devoted to the love of God." 

I am really not all that strong. I don't always act with courage. I am certainly not as brilliant as others, as charming or as wise. But today I can be me. And when I lie down tonight, I'll sleep easy knowing it will have been enough.

No comments: