may your only competition be with yourself: to be the best possible you that you can be.



Good morning my friends, I pray your night was a peace filled one and that this morning has started off in a great way..I pray that your focus is on the prize today and that you and yours are filled with smiles and with joy.
In prayer this morning as I sat in the silence, I thanked God for all that is going on in my life, I do not like what is going on, I do not agree with the events that have taken place but I do believe and trust in God so I am accepting all that is taking place and I am making the best of a really bad situation. I have to keep thinking of Job who suffered much more than I am and continued to hold fast to his faith. I will march humbly Father, I will march in the direction I have been marching in regardless of what I step in, regardless of my fear of falling, regardless of my fear of the darkness. I will march with my head held high, with  my  eye on the prize and my focus on pleasing you...I might be beaten down but I am not broken and I refuse to be. Father thank you for loving me and allowing me the few things I do have, thank you for all of the prayers that are being lifted for us and thank you for loving us. I ask for a bounty of blessings for all of those who take time daily to join us in prayer, I ask that you continue to bless all of those in need, all of those who come to you with faith and with hope. Father I ask for peace, calm, comfort and mercy for all in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

A Little More Kindness

I was running a few errands in my car the other day. The sun was out, the radio was playing, and I was singing along. The song was a joyful one and even my weak voice sounded good singing it. Then it happened, however. The sweet sound of the music ended and was replaced with the dreaded news break. I drove on while the announcer droned on. Gas prices were going higher again because of the competitive speculation on Wall Street. The race for the Presidency was getting nastier and nastier, Rioting had broken out when fans of a sports team had gone wild, celebrating their team’s championship. 

Finally, I could take no more and turned off the radio. Silence seemed preferable to listening to anything else about the crazy, competitive society we live in. I slowed down as I entered a local town and watched the people as I drove by. A tall muscular man was helping an elderly lady out of a car and helping her position her walker so she could go into a local store. A smiling woman was tossing birdseed into her backyard while a dozen Robins flew down to enjoy the feast being laid out before them. A young man was walking along, carrying his two year old daughter safely in his arms. He tickled her gently when she pulled the hat off his head and they both laughed. I laughed too as I looked at all of this kindness. It felt like a glimpse of Heaven. The radio may have been off in my car, but in my heart I was still singing. 

In truth, this world could use a little more kindness and a lot less competition. Kindness makes us all winners in this life. Kindness reminds us that we are all God’s Children. Kindness shows us that we don’t have to beat others in this world. We just have to love them. May all of your moments here then be full of kindness, love, and joy. And may your only competition be with yourself: to be the best possible you that you can be.

No comments: