hard blessings.....





Good morning my friends, it is another bitter cold day here in Utah however the sun has decided to come out and play, the sky is clear and bluer than blue, the birds are singing...well actually tormenting my cat as she sits in the living room window sill and they keep landing on the outside sill, twice now she has rammed head on into the window and fallen to the floor in trying to get them...the birds are enjoying the game I think as they keep landing and just sitting there...It makes me think of a recurring thought I have....when satan is pulling at my heart strings trying as he does a lot of the time,  I always get a little chuckle in my gut and think...hahaha, you can't get me cause God already has me!!! Not comparing my cat to satan, but thinking the birds surely think she is evil and danger....LOL



I have a friend here in Utah, well she is who I call my "Utah mom"....I have known her now for about 14 years and have loved her since the day I met her....I was welcomed in by her family and am happy to call her children my "Utah sisters and brothers"...I was with her and her daughters when her sweet husband slipped from this world and made his heavenly journey, it was so very sad and I felt like I had lost my own dad...One day while at her home I saw a plaque that she had displayed on one of her side tables and inquired as to what it meant..."hard blessings" she told me that at the viewing of "big AL" what I affectionately called him...that a lady came up to her and hugged her and said" these are "hard blessings" I had to really sit and think about this and came to an understanding....yes even bad things that happen in our lives are blessings they are "hard blessings" I told her I loved it and would really like to have one...yesterday I was given the gift of a plaque and plaque stand with the words..."hard blessings" it will serve as a reminder to me on the days when I feel that I don't matter, that things will never get better, that I am in a rut, that it has been all for naught....I will be reminded that these times are just "hard blessings" and there will be better days. Thank you Mama Jean for this most special gift, I love you so much and appreciate your kindness to me and knowing when I am just in need of a Mama Hug! 

Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire,

If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don’t know something

For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.

During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations

Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge

Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes

They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you’re tired and weary

Because it means you’ve made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things.

A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are

also thankful for the setbacks.

Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.

Find a way to be thankful for your troubles

and they can become your blessing.

 ~ Anonymous



No comments: