my FATHER is the pilot....







Good morning to all, it is a wonderful morning for me as I got a surprise video chat with my babies, Megan always seems to know when I am most in need and viola there she is. I miss her terribly and I cannot express how thankful I am for skype...just knowing I can see her and her interaction with my grandson.....amazing!!!

In prayer this morning I lifted each of you as I sat quietly with only the hum of my refrigerator in the background. I asked our Father in heaven to see each of your needs, to allow you peace in your minds today that no matter what hurdle you are trying to jump...HE will lift you up and allow you to soar over and then land upright and continue moving forward. I ask that he calm your worries as they try to consume you, that he place a staircase at the foot of that mountain you are trying to climb so you will find yourself at the top wondering why it was that you were so filled with dismay...I asked him to place comfort in your bodies so that you can look passed the pain and know that there is a way of getting to where you need to be. God will never forsake us, we might get frustrated, we might be fear filled, we might begin to wonder even if HE is real...that is satan's doings...he wants us to live this way, to have utter and sheer mania in our lives for when we have this we are closer to him....when we begin to doubt our Savior, we are saying, in a sense, that we do not have faith....I am the world's worst at putting myself in harms way, in getting depressed over things....when I allow myself to get down is when satan works his hardest at overcoming, then God steps in and makes a way for me and I feel ashamed for ever doubting!!! Life is a vicious circle..one that we have to really have faith in God to overcome....as hard as it may be...TODAY I am not going to get down, I am not going to let financial fear consume me, I am not going to cry...I am going to take this day that God has made for me, I am going to love fiercely, I am going to be filled with the knowledge that God has a plan for me and that it will all work out!!! God is good all of the time, and I want to show him that I am too.....

don't worry
Author Unknown

Years ago, I was enthralled as I listened to a pastor who for several years had faithfully served the church. His executive responsibilities had taken him all over this country. As he concluded his message, he told of one of the most frightening, yet thought-provoking, experiences of his life.

He had been on a long flight from one place to another. The first warning of the approaching problems came when the sign on the airplane flashed on: Fasten your seat belts. Then, after a while, a calm voice said, "We shall not be serving the beverages at this time as we are expecting a little turbulence. Please be sure your seat belt is fastened."

As he looked around the aircraft, it became obvious that many of the passengers were becoming apprehensive. Later, the voice of the announcer said, "We are so sorry that we are unable to serve the meal at this time. The turbulence is still ahead of us."

Then the storm broke. The ominous cracks of thunder could be heard even above the roar of the engines. Lightening lit up the darkening skies, and within moments that great plane was like a cork tossed around on a celestial ocean. One moment the airplane was lifted on terrific currents of air; the next, it dropped as if it were about to crash.

The pastor confessed that he shared the discomfort and fear of those around him. He said, "As I looked around the plane, I could see that nearly all the passengers were upset and alarmed. Some were praying. The future seemed ominous and many were wondering if they would make it through the storm.

Then, I suddenly saw a little girl. Apparently the storm meant nothing to her. She had tucked her feet beneath her as she sat on her seat; she was reading a book and every thing within her small world was calm and orderly. Sometimes she closed her eyes, then she would read again; then she would straighten her legs, but worry and fear were not in her world. When the plane was being buffeted by the terrible storm when it lurched this way and that, as it rose and fell with frightening severity,when all the adults were scared half to death, that marvelous child was completely composed and unafraid." The minister could hardly believe his eyes.

It was not surprising therefore, that when the plane finally reached its destination and all the passengers were hurrying to disembark,our pastor lingered to speak to the girl whom he had watched for such a long time. Having commented about the storm and behavior of the plane, he asked why she had not been afraid.

The child replied, "'Cause my Daddy's the pilot, and he's taking me home."

There are many kinds of storms that buffet us:
• Physical,
• Mental,
• Financial,
• Domestic, and...
Many other storms can easily and quickly darken our skies and throw our plane into apparently uncontrollable movement. We have all known such times, and let us be honest and confess, it is much easier to be at rest when our feet are on the ground than when we are being tossed about a darkened sky.

Let us remember... Our Father is the Pilot. He is in control and taking us home... so Don't Worry.



No comments: