I confess....I NEED HELP......




Good morning and greetings from Utah, it is another hazy day, but I was fortunate enough to see a little bit of mottled blue sky before the haze settled back in, thanking God for the little things:)

It has been a very slow~go morning for me, I can't seem to wake up this morning. I slept very well last night but my body seems to think that I need more...I dislike very much when I wake up this way and even though the Dr. has prescribed at least an hour of rest during the day....I still do not like it...I would much rather be able to go out into the workforce and make my way!! I read posts day in and day out about people bashing others for getting state assistance, and let me tell you it breaks my heart that you would think of "us" this way....I have worked all of my life, starting at age 18 and going forward, I have held down steady jobs up until 5 years ago when the pain in my back and legs would not longer allow me to stand or to sit for any length of time, I did not apply for assistance back then as I had insurance and my husband made a living for us...I was the one who was in constant denial that I needed additional help....Over the last few years with Wayde being unable to find work and me unable to work we have had to rely on that additional help, it is still very embarrassing and frustrating to have to go to the market and whip out the state card to pay for my groceries, it is embarrassing to make a dr. appointment and have to tell them that I have medicaid. I have found that Dr.s are not very eager to take you in when they discover you are on state insurance and many are very cold and have no compassion at all. I have been lucky enough to find a Dr. who treats me as a human being, he does not care at all what insurance I have and is only concerned with my health, he does not back down on my care and has gone the extra mile to try and figure out what is going on in my body...he even feels that two of the Dr.s that I have seen have skimmed on my treatment and is in the process of finding a Dr. who will be more diligent in treating me....Thanking God for people like him who are in the field of medicine to help the sick and not just for the payment. I worked as a financial counselor for 5 years in a hospital here in Utah and finally can say that I feel the pain the people I worked with were feeling. It is belittling, it is embarrassing, and it is down right sad that I feel this way over requiring assistance. 
I know many people use the system, they do not want to work, they want a handout, they want to be taken care of and they will do anything to avoid responsibility....I have friends who are on assistance who really have no right to be on....it is not for me to judge and it is not for me to voice negative about them, I know what I see but I also know that my Father in Heaven sees what is going on too...I don't ever let this bother me for I know one day when the judgement comes those who have milked the system and abused it will have to answer the "why's" I don't ever want to be caught in that line so I just live the best that I can live and pray that changes are coming that will allow me to once again be a part of the "non help" society and I can once again be gainful and do it on my own! I am not ranting I just want you to understand that it is embarrassing as all heck to be thought of as a "user" as a "loser" and as a person that takes advantage of the syster.
 I pray today that you are feeling loved, that if you too are in a situation that requires you to need assistance that you realize many feel the same as you do!!! 

Here’s a prayer for today:

Dear God,

We pray and ask for your love, light and guidance 
over the financial affairs of all your children.
Forgive us our financial shortcomings,
strengthen our courage and convictions in becoming
more personally and financially aware, responsible and enlightened.
Help us to know the truth of our individual value which
exceeds anything we can ever hope to possess.
Help us to know our true net worth lies in matters of the heart and spirit
and in our Divine connection to you.
You are our one true Source and the Source from which
all things begin and end.
Thank you for the gifts you have already given and for the gifts
that have yet to come.
Help us to receive gratefully and graciously
your never-ending abundance. love and light
And so it is.
Amen.
~Deborah Price and Donna Colfer ~




No comments: