Pray before you pray????????






Good morning and happy Tuesday, I pray your day is going well and that you are filled with grins and giggles...I pray that you feel the love that so many have for you and that you know how important and appreciated you are! 

Today has been a very quiet, deep thought day...I have spent the majority of the morning and early afternoon with my bible and in quiet conversation with my Father in heaven. I love these kind of days as I feel that it is so very important to take time out of life to just be one with Him...I had to learn how to do this a very long time ago, it is not as easy as it sounds....when it comes time to being reverent and to giving full and complete attention to God....satan growls....oh yes, he growls, he groans, he paces, he throws tantrums, he spits and he sputters...he will stop at nothing to distract you, he will stop at nothing to break you away from the "goodness" Have you ever noticed that when you are in prayer that your mind wants to wander????? Have you ever noticed that when you are reading scripture that you cannot seem to stay focused, if you don't have this problem you are very, very, blessed...every time I begin to read or to pray I think of a hundred things that need to be done, I find my mind wondering anywhere and everywhere just to keep me from that spiritual bond I am strengthening...I have found that if I pray before I pray...yes pray before you pray....and ask God to calm your mind and to allow you to stay focused and on task, he will help you...I have found, if you schedule a time for your oneness with God that it works more effectively for it is scheduled and does not have to compete with other things....Today I pray that you take time with God, that you schedule an appointment and spend some good quality time with him, talk to him about your fears, ask him questions as to what you should or should not be doing, take time to read some scripture and really ponder on what you are reading.....I promise after you are done...you will feel spiritually rejuvenated, you will feel fresh, you will feel clean.....give it a try and if satan starts growling....ignore him and keep on being filled with the Holy Ghost...

A Prayer Of Reverence And Respect For God 

Most Precious Lord Jesus…
Gentle And Wonderful God…
Truly Awesome And Ever-present Holy Spirit…
I know you belong to me and to all people everywhere on earth in a personal way.
I also know I belong to you in a personal way,
I know you are real and reside in your heavenly place,
I honor you this day and pour out my life before you…my life so full of flaws and mistakes.
As I kneel here before you, I do my best this hour to express my love and gratitude for all you have done for me.
I am weak and heavy laden.
In my weakness and in my burdens, I give you reverence and honor above all that exists in the world.
May I always be simple and humble in your sight.
In your love and grace, may you make a way for your reality of love and compassion to show through me to the world around me.
I have many burdens I must bear.
I have many needs unfilled.
Help me live to do only your will when I carry my burdens.
Help me live to do only your will when I have needs unfilled.
Bless the many people I pray for each day.
Bless the leaders of the world and infuse them with your love and with your peace.
In every trial, tribulation, and temptation, give me the power to be your humble child.
In every trial, tribulation, and temptation, may your grace be a part of every thought and action in my life.
Always lead me in your ways so sweet and so divine.
Let me walk only your path and keep me from being led astray.
All these things I humbly pray in the name of my most Blessed Lord Jesus Christ, my Mighty God, and my Ever-present Holy Spirit upon whom I can rely.
Amen

No comments: