having it all and throwing it away....WHY????



Good morning my friends, I pray this Thursday morning is going well for you, I pray you are filled with hope, I pray you are filled with faith, I pray you are filled with joy , and I pray you are filled with an abundance of love!!!

It is snowing here in Utah this morning, the storm came in like a rabid dog, howling winds were whipping everything around, I awoke to the beautiful sound of my wind chimes playing some rock and roll...LOL I pray that this is "ole' man winter's" last hurahhhhh and that we are now heading boldly into spring! I am sitting here looking at the flowers I have out on my porch and the beautiful spring decor, pretending that it is warm and wonderful out there. I do give thanks for all that God is giving us this morning....we will need the moisture to help promote the growth of the daffodils and tulips that, I am sure, are ready to poke their little heads through the soil and greet the new season! 

In prayer this morning I prayed as I always do, for my family, for my friends, for my enemies, for the ones who would seek to do me harm, for the ones who have become lost, and for the ones who shine the Holy Light of Christ as they walk step by step each and passing day. I asked God to bless each of you with your needs, that he might make provision for you at this very moment that your worries and fear might be laid to rest, that your financial woes will be lifted and that your health might be restored. I asked God to bless each of you with his love and his forgiveness.

I am sitting here now, listening to Pandora radio on the computer, I have it on the country gospel channel and each time I hear the wonderful songs sang by Randy Travis I feel so very sad in my heart, that a man who has been given such Godly gifts could totally throw them away for the evil of over indulging in alcohol...I look at the many stars...actors, musicians, athletes, politicians, ministers...etc... that have been given so much talent who abuse it, who turn to satan instead of standing and continuing to give the glory to God...you know, I can understand the stress of their jobs, I can understand the long hours and the drama that their jobs entail...what I don't understand why they lose their faith in our Savior...WOW( as I sit here writing, the sun is trying to break through the clouds, I see some blue in the sea of haze...it is as if God is telling me I am on the right track!!!) You know God gave each of us a gift when we earned our earthly bodies, some were destined to be famous, some were destined to be providers to their families, some were made to be mothers, some daddies, some famous, etc....so many would like to have possession of the talents of the ones we see in the media, some of us desire to be on the big stage, the big screen, or on the field but our talents do not lie there...but never ever think that your talents are any less important than any other's talents, for God has a plan for each of us and we need to concentrate on the strengths he has given us, unfortunately we don't always remember from where our talents come, we all at one time or another have slipped and not given as much thanks as we should for the gift that God has given us, but come on.....really, these folks have "made" it  and it seems that after they have they tend to think that it was on their own and that they don't need God in their lives any more...I am asking you to pray with me for them, for as long as they think they don't need God...satan has a hand on them, he will tug at them, he will make them think that the addictions they have fallen into are okay, he will pull, and pull, and pull until they feel there is no other way. If you are struggling today, if you feel that you have been pulled down into the pits of hell PLEASE look up, lift your hands to the heavens and ask God to pull you from the fire, ask God to help you overcome whatever it is that is going on in your life and trust that he is there, he is pulling you hard and he will not let you go as long as you are clinging to him...

Father,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness, when we feel that there is nothing good for us, that we can never come out of this hell that we have adopted,
give us the sense of Your presence,Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.
In the name of Jesus Christ we ask for peace, calm, comfort, and the ability to see the difference between evil and good, and the ability to know that you will be there for us if only we ask. Amen.

No comments: