Are you in it for the limo ride or will you take the bus???????





happy Monday to you!!! It is once again hazy with the smell of rain on the horizon, the temps are in the med 40's and I am once again in socks, not flip flops, but a die hard when it comes to my shorts...in Utah it is not uncommon to see people all winter in shorts and sweat shirts, so for today I suppose you could call me a real true....Utahn...

In prayer this morning I did a lot of special, specific prayers for the many who came asking for them, we prayed for the ones suffering illness, the ones suffering disease, the ones who are struggling so, just to make it through the day, we prayed for healing for those who have won the battle that still need to finish the race. We asked special blessings for those who are feeling so lost and alone, for those who feel they need more faith but don't know which way to turn, for those who have lost sight of the path and are off in the grass somewhere...I lifted special prayer for our leaders, for our soldiers, for our spiritual leaders and I even did what I have been learning, I lifted prayer for myself...I envisioned what my future will look like, I saw myself living in Kansas and life finally being on an uphill swing for Wayde and I, and I envisioned peace on this earth...

After my prayers were said, sealed, lifted up to Christ for special delivery to our Father in Heaven, I then grabbed a hot cup of coffee and relaxed in my chair and began my morning chat, you might ask isn't prayer a chat? Yes indeed to me it is, but it is a different chat than when I "chat" I hope that makes some form of sense to you....As I sat there sipping my coffee and getting my message for the day, I felt the spirit come over me and knew exactly what he was in need of from me today...It is not a new subject, it is something that I have talked about over, and over, and over again, evidently there is someone still in need of hearing it again today...I am only the messenger and when HE gives me direction I am on board to follow it even if no one cares to hear but me....

Today the HOLY SPIRIT came over me with the word friendship...I know we have read all about true friendships, I know we have discovered what is pleasing to us and not pleasing to us in friendships, I know we ALL have been hurt so deeply that we felt we would never get over the hurt due to broken friendships, I know we have vowed that it was over, that we would never work it out and always we go back only to be hurt again...Friendships come in all shapes and sizes if you will.....there are people who have seasonal friends, the ones they go boating with, fish with, beach with, etc....in the summertime, (because they have the boat) the ones you don't hear from unless you have what they need???? Does this ring a bell???? How many times have you trusted your secrets to only hear the secrets coming back to you from someone else???? Familiar yet??? How many times have you needed help, really needed assistance but no one was available, only to find out they were doing something that could have waited???? Is your pressure going up a bit???? So I am left asking you, how many friends do you really and truly have? How many friends could you turn to for help and they would be there regardless of what is going on in their lives? How many times have you gone and helped, how many times have you sad by their side while they cried over a relationship, how many times have you been there when their automobile would not run, how many times have you rescued them??? YET when you are the one in need of rescue....they are to busy...

"A true friend walks in even the whole world walks out..."

I love that quote as it summarizes everything I believe in about friendship.

For me, a true friend will never, ever leave you no matter what happens! It’s not important whether he is miles apart from you, as a true friend will always have you in his heart forever. So distance should really not matter.

A true friend will always believe in you even though you no longer believe in yourself. He will always bring out the best in you.

A true friend is like your other self. He will be your best and worst critic as he will always tell you the truth, though he knows it will sometimes hurt you. At least he is always honest.

A true friend will not need any explanation as he will always understand.

And most of all, a true friend is someone who is willing to share his TIME with you. Time shared together has always been imporatant for me, as time is something no one can ever buy nor take back. The moment a person shared his time with you, he had already shared a part of his life with you.

Once I was asked what I do? I was quick to answer, "I am a friend" and the person asked me again, "but what is it you do" and I smiled and I said, "I do friendship, I pride myself on being a friend to all" A real true friend..I am here to listen when people have concerns, I am here to comfort when people cry, I am here to offer my heart when they feel this world is full of bad things, I am here in the strictest of confidences when they just need to bare their souls without fear of being judged or thought stupid. I do not judge anyone, I sure do not what to be judged...I do not act like I  know all of the answers....God is the only one that does, I cannot give monetary gifts or assistance at this time, but I can give ideas as to where to get that help, and I can pray for easier times, I can pray for provision, I can pray for blessings, I am honest, I am trustworthy, and I am always, always, always, compassionate and understanding..." 

If I die having only 1 true friend, I will consider myself lucky, many people say they have lots of "friends" but those friends are only there for the good times, when the heat rises in the kitchen they are no where to be found...

Oprah Winfrey has a quote that I love...



If you are only in a friendship or have a "friend" that is only in it with you so that the limo ride is free.....is that a true friendship???

I want a friend who would ride the bus with me and boy would we have a great time in doing so....Don't take your friends for granted, be the friend that is trustworthy, be the friend that can be counted on, be the friend that is honest, be the friend that keeps confidences told to them...Be a True friend, that is what God wants us to be....I would rather only have one friend than a lot of drama mood kills around me!!!

Look at yourself are there some things you need to work on so that you can be considered a true friend....take that step today and become what you were sent here to be!!!

Remember: You have to be a true friend to have a true friend!!!

Ephesians 4:29-32 

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.


2 comments:

barbara thompson said...

OMG......I have been going thru this today with co-workers. I have been trying to figure out a way to deal with it. In my heart I know the answers but in ny mind it is soooo frustrating. One co-worker wants everyone to jump and help her at all times but is very reluctant to help others so I find myself at times hesitating to run and help. The other co-worker is very dominating and bossy and ALL WAYS right. So I find myself getting annoyed and angry at being talked down to.
I know what God wants me to do and to act but I find myself claming up and holding it all in abd then I'm unhappy. Please pray for me to work this out in my mind and heart. I know some people will always be self-centered and dominating but I just have a hard time in understanding how they justify their actions or I guess in this case they probably don't even realize they are doing it. Now I know I'm being talked about because I don't fall at their knees at all times.
I realize this is all me and I have to forgive and be more understanding but at times, like today, I have a hard time understanding and dealing with it. I always try to be so helpful to all and this hurts when I feel this way. Please help me pray for more love and patients and stop feeling like "what about me".......
Love you Dawn. You feel like my 1 true friend that I can always turn to.

Dawn said...

HI Barbara, boy it seems as if we both needed to hear this today. I thank you for coming and leaving this comment and I honestly know how you are feeling. I have had to make some hefty decisions when it comes to friends today, not that I would never un~friend anyone in my life, I am just having to re~group and realize who my true friends are and who are not. I am having to rearrange the way in which I spend my time with them so that I do not allow myself to get dragged down into their world. The only thing I can do with some of them at this point is pull back, pray for them, then allow them to know I am here at all times for them but I will not be used any longer. True friendship is not a one way street, the golden rule states that we should treat others the way in which we would like to be treated, when we know we are giving our all and the madness and ignorance continue this is when we have to take a step back and not allow them to be unfavorable to you. If you are doing all the work, the relationship is not a healthy one. Pray for them and never allow them to steal your joy. YOU are a true friend always and for that I feel such great love and blessings. I love you my lifelong friend and am here if you just need to chat:)