RIP Shirley Ringgold, never saying" goodbye" only "until we meet again"




           Another angel has earned her wings, is walking the golden path to stand at the right hand of God. As she made her journey to paradise all who have been standing eagerly anticipating her arrival were at the gate, cheering her name, arms open wide waiting to welcome her home. She is free for sickness now, she is no longer in pain, she is in a place that we can only dare to imagine and now it is her time to prepare a beautiful place for all who will join her when they are called home. Soar with the angels Shirley, spread your beautiful wings and soar, the heavens have opened up and the songs of the angels are at their most beautiful! 

Father God, we come to you this morning asking that you wrap your love touched robes around Ms. Shirley's family and friends, father she was loved by so many and will be missed so very much. I ask that you give each of them strength to get through this heartache that they are feeling, to hold them in your lap and pull them in so that your heartbeat will be theirs. Father it is so hard for us to let go of the ones we love, fill them over and over again with the knowledge that they all will be together forever one day. Father calm their hearts and allow Shirley's spirit to be around them, allow her gentle and loving grace to wash over them and allow them to feel her saying, do not cry for me, just live your life and do whats right so you can come home to me one day. Father bless each of them with your favor and your mercy that they might sit and chat with you, that they will pray not for the "why's" but for the "hows" how they will continue forward without her, give them knowledge that you will lead them each and every step of the way. In the name of Jesus Christ we lift this prayer up to you and ask that you give an extra dose of understanding, love, mercy and favor. Amen

My Mother My Angel
Kathy J Parenteau

Once upon a time an angel held my hand, 
She wiped away my tears and helped me understand.
Our time on earth is brief, there's lessons to be learned,
Each precious day God gives us another page is turned.
Every chapter full of memories, times of joy and tears,
Triumphs and defeats, through every passing year.
She loved us unconditional, always by our side,
When no one else would listen, in her we could confide.
With gentle words of wisdom she led us on our way,
Down the paths of righteousness if ever we did stray. 
She saw the light in everyone and gave with no regrets,
Always from her heart let's us not forget.
Angels come in many forms, for me it is my mother,  
With love I cannot say in words there'll never be another.  
Every day I turn the page in my heart will ever remain,  
Everything she taught me as I stroll down memory lane.  
Thank you God for giving me the most priceless of all treasures,
Help my Lord to keep alive her memory here forever.
I pray that I can some day be everything she hoped I would,  
That's she smiling down from heaven knowing she did good.  
As we gather here today there's no ending to her story,
Another chapter has begun full of grace and glory.
Gods called her to his heavenly home, part of his great plan,
Although it may be hard, we all must understand.
Faith is what is hoped for, things we cannot see,
Heaven is promised to all of us if only we believe.



No comments: