Saying goodbye to a 20 year companion.....SOAR my sweet bird, SOAR with the angel birds!!!!





Saying goodbye to my 20 year companion...

Farewell KeKe, might you soar with all of your fine feathered friends and might you be singing overhead for me to hear each and every day...indeed you are "a pretty bird" 
For just a few months shy of 20 years this little guy has been a member of my family, when Megan was in 2nd grade she wished to have a hamster....we went to the pet store to make the purchase but smelling "hampster heaven" made me sick to my stomach and I told her I just could not do it....as we were leaving there was this little bird on a perch just sitting in the middle of the store, Megan, of course, got excited and said she wished to have a bird...oh no I said...I don't like birds...well almost 20 years later my heart is filled with sadness that he has made his way to birdie heaven. There have been many laughs and smiles in listening to his sweet whistles, in listing to him sing in the mornings and hearing him yell "mom" me saying what and him saying "come here" Megan and I have such fond memories of him and know that he will be in all the tweets that we hear. For the last 6 months he has been a companion to a friend who was injured in an automobile accident, he has been the love of her life enjoying each and every moment of being with her, he suffered a stroke a month ago in which she diligently nursed him back to health...I am so happy that his last of days were spent with her, she allowed him to run about the house and to sit on her shoulder and share toast for breakfast....
RIP my old friend, you were such a bright spot in so many's lives....SOAR my sweet bird, SOAR with the angel birds and never be caged again...


No comments: