"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."




As all of you know I have been afforded the ability to visit my daughter, her honey and my sweet grandson in Kansas for the last few days, I was going to wait and write this after I returned home but am so filled with joy that I have to write it today...this is for my sweet Megan, and I just want to share what I see from the eyes of a very very very proud mom...

Megan was an only child, a little spoiled, and a whole lot loved. I wondered if there would ever be anyone that could love her the way I did and by golly she went out and found him. When she met Derek I knew that he was a very special man, that he would love her unconditionally and that he would take her through the remainder of her life feeling nothing but love and caring. I was sad at first not wanting to lose her but soon figured out that I had not lost her but had gained a young man to be a part of my life and I am so very happy with the way things have turned out...A year ago, well 2 days away from, a year ago she gave birth to the most beautiful little man I had ever seen, yes I am a grandmother and I can say that!!!! I never once during her pregnancy doubted that she would be a fantastic mommy, and I was right, in spending the last 3 days here with her I have seen an unbelievable patience with Chalmers, I have seen the fierce look of protection in her eyes, that look one only sees in the eyes of parents, I have seen such tenderness, such love, such genuine, earthmoving love...I am so very touched in my heart and am at total peace that God could not have given me a more wonderful child. I look in Chalmers' eyes and see total love and happiness, he has been blessed beyond measure to have the mommy and daddy he has, the three of them are a perfect mix of all things good.

Megan I am so very proud of you, I am filled with awe at the way you "mother" and I am so joy filled to just sit and watch the two of you together! Kudos from one mom to another. You have it down pat....from the redirection, the time outs, the teaching, the kind and gentle way you love him, the funny way you play with him and the protective way you ensure he is okay.This is one proud MiMi and when I leave here I know it will break my heart but I would much rather have a happy broken heart than a sad one! I know my sweet little man is destined for greatness, and I know that his parents will give him all that is needed for this greatness, not in the form of wealth but in the form of joy, happiness, love, and teachings. ONward and Upward you both are doing a great job!!!!

As I sit on the patio, the house is awaking, I can hear laughter coming from the kitchen where Derek and Megan are feeding Chalmers his breakfast, there is a smile on my face and I am so very happy to start another day with them....the laughter of a child is heart warming and this MiMi's heart is on fire:) 

Proverbs 22:6
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

No comments: