A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear!!!!




Good morning and happy Friday, it is a lovely morning, as I sit and watch the sun preparing to come up over the mountain top, my windows open wide taking in the fresh and wonderful smells of the foliage that lives right outside, watching the birds go about their morning chores flitting from one tree to another warning of a cat I see lurking just below the tree, making joyful music telling the world "its a new day, sing and rejoice" I love mornings like this, oh who am I kidding I love each and every morning because I am alive and I get another day to share my love for our Father in heaven and to get the things I did wrong yesterday....right! 

In prayer this morning I said a very special prayer for a very special family in my life, I have been in Utah for 19 years now and have met some really great people, this particular family I considered my family...when I got divorced it seemed that the relationship was strained, as my ex husband continued to make time with them, I felt that I could not. I have been longing to see them, to spend some time with them and to just share the laughs and the love that once was such a part of my life. I have remained in contact with several of their grandchildren who have assured me that I am welcome there and that they would love to see me, but after five years of silence how does one bridget he gap. Yesterday the grandson, my sweet Joshie, called upon me for prayer, his great~grandmother, my friends mother had passed away, I am taking her passing as my opportunity to open a door that has been closed for so very long, I am today, going to call my friend and offer her love and support in the loss of her mother and I am going to see what I can do to provide peace and comfort for she and her husband. I hate that death has been the opening but I will take it as my que that it is time to cross that bridge and to once again share the love that once was overflowing in my heart. There is opportunity each and every day, we have to look at things in a positive manner and go forth when God provide a clearing in our path. Thank you Father for giving me this chance to renew what was once a wonderful and love filled friendship. Please pray with me for this family as they go through the funeral planning and each of them goes through the memories of this lady their mother, grandmother, and great grandmother...last evening Josh was writing about visiting with her when he was young and I could feel his love for her. I ask you Father God to bless each of them with peace in their minds, calm in their hearts, and comfort in their bodies. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

A smile

My 5year old daughter and I went to eat at a restaurant, she on one side of the booth, me on the other. She kept smiling to someone who was on the other side of the aisle, who was behind me throughout our entire meal. It was an elderly man eating alone. I asked her what she was smiling at and she said "that old man". I asked her what he was doing and she said "he is just smiling back...he's nice". I decided we were going to buy his dinner, so I went to the counter and asked for his bill to be transferred to mine. The server asked if I knew him, which I did not...she said I couldn't have picked a nicer person to do this for and the timing was good too. This gentleman was a regular there who just lost his wife of 60 years only 5 weeks ago. My daughter drew a big crayon smiley face on her napkin that we had his server take to him in place of his bill. We discreetly left the restaurant as we saw the server on his way to his table with the smiley napkin. Random acts of kindness are things I hope my daughter incorporates into her life as well.


No comments: