God puts us all in each other’s lives to impact one another in some way. Look for God in others.....





Good morning and happy "tank fillin' day" You know I love Sunday's and love fillin' my spiritual tank so that I have enough umph to get me through to the next one, in the world we live in it is essential to fill up on spirit as often as we can, the roads seem to be more windey and bumpy than ever before, the distance between "fill~ups" seems to sometimes threaten to run us completely dry before the next Sunday...Don't get caught with an empty tank, thank goodness there is a way everyday to replenish...through our scriptures and obedient prayer we can top the tank off daily. Don't let the mishaps of life run your tank dry, for when we are on empty, satan is holding the hose and he will entice us to do things his way in order to keep on moving, unfortunately he moves us in the wrong direction!!!

As I shared time with God this morning, sitting on the porch enjoying all of his blessings I could not help but think, "if I enjoy so much the break of dawn, if I love so much the fragrant aromas that come from the plants and trees, if I love so much the song of the birds...what in the world will heaven be like? I thought for a long time about the happiest times in my life, the birth of my daughter, the union with Wayde, the birth of my grandson, seeing joy on others face from something I have done for them, seeing tears of joy when others are happy, feeling loved totally and completely and then I though of the struggles and storms I have been through! They don't even come close to the emotions the "joys" in my life have brought forth. We can choose to be so caught up in the storms of life that we don't take time to concentrate on what is important...the "joys" Today take a moment to let the negative go, block all the little titches that are taking place in your life, step back in time to moments that made you cry and praise God for the sheer happiness that you felt, bring those emotions into focus and see what a wonderful day you will have....the "yuck" is always going to be here, as long as we breath air on this earth there will be storms and struggles....we can focus on them and lose sight of the good OR we can accept that "stuff" is going to happen and we can move away from that....GO to your happy place and give a hearty THANK YOU to our Father in heaven for the good times, bad might be an ever present force, but it is how we chose to deal with it that determines our attitude...DON'T let satan drag you into his pit of hell, chin up, look up, and know that GOD has your back! 

Another story of compassion and goodness for you, another story that I have posted before but worth reading a second, third, fourth......etc.....time...ONward and UPward and not letting negative drag me back...only positive in this girls world!!!


Never Underestimate the Power of Your Actions

One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid from my class walking home from school. His name was Kyle. It looked like he was carrying all of his books. I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd. "I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friends in the tomorrow), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on.

As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him. He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes.

My heart went out to him. So I jogged over to him and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, and I saw a tear in his eye. As I handed him his glasses, I said, "Those guys are jerks. They really should get lives."

He looked at me and said, "Hey thanks!". There was a big smile on his face. It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude. I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived. As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before. He said he had gone to private school before now. I would have never hung out with a private school kid before. We talked all the way home, and I carried his books. He turned out to be a pretty cool kid.

I asked him if he wanted to play football on Saturday with me and my friends. He said yes. We hung out all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him. And my friends thought the same of him.

Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again. I stopped him and said, "Dang boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!" He just laughed and handed me half the books. Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends. When we were seniors, we began to think about college. Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I was going to Duke. I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a problem. He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football scholarship.

Kyle was valedictorian of our class. I teased him all the time about being a nerd. He had to prepare a speech for graduation. I was glad it wasn’t me having to get up there and speak.

Graduation day, I saw Kyle. He looked great. He was one of those guys who really found himself during high school. He filled out and actually looked good in glasses. He had more dates than I did and all the girls loved him! Boy, sometimes I was jealous. Today was one of those days. I could see that he was nervous about his speech. So, I smacked him on the back and said, "Hey, big guy, you’ll be great!" He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled. "Thanks, "he said.

As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began. Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years, your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach…but mostly your friends. I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give him or her. I am going to tell you a story."

I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met. He had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his mom wouldn’t have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home. He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile. "Thankfully, I was saved. My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable."

I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment. I saw his mom and dad looking at me smiling that same grateful smile. Not until that moment did I realize it’s depth. Never underestimate the power of you actions. With one small gesture you can change a person’s life.

Author Unknown

For better of for worse, God puts us all in each other’s lives to impact one another in some way. Look for God in others.


No comments: