Let the gift of YOU be the difference today!!!

   


 Happy Saturday morning, I pray that you have awakened this morning in a "chipper" mood and are ready to face whatever this day might blow your way! I pray that you left the nay,nay,nay of the work week at work and are forging forward with a refreshed and renewed hope and faith this morning! It is a little bluer this morning, the gray in the sky has softened and I can see a few cotton ball clouds:) We are sitting at 42 degrees with just a titch of rain off and on, so this will be another inside kind of day! I am feeling a bit better this morning, after a long night of coughing and all that comes with, my ribs and stomach muscles feel as if they have been in a fight and the cough definitely is the victor! I think another day of rest and prayers will be just what the doctor is ordering!
     As I sat in prayer this morning asking blessings for each of you I realized that my prayers are pretty much the same each day, health, finance, country, military, leaders...I found it funny as sometimes I feel like my personal prayer requests involve situations that are the worse in the world, that no one is going through the trials and tests that I am, that my problems are much more unique than others, that my worries are huge compared to others, I think; however that I am quickly realizing the basic woes associated with our world today is faced by so many, the degree of the problem may be more severe but still it is in the same arena.  I hope I am not confusing you, take for example....when I am sick. I feel horrible, I whine and moan, I grumble and groan and act like I am the only person in the world who is sick: when I have more money going out than I have coming in I sometimes feel I am the only one with finance problems, when anything happens that is not the way I expect it to happen I tend to embellish it and make it way worse than it really is. You know the expression, "walk a mile in my shoes"? This is an expression which has helped me understand so much, there will always be someone a bit worse off than me and there will always be someone a bit better off than me, the point is we all have issues, we all have troubles, we all have situations! When I finally realized this and started being more sympathetic to others was when I truly began walking on the right side of the tracks! Look around when you are on the "pity pot" Look at the devastation around you, do you know anyone who has lost their home due to natural disaster or lack of finance? Take a look around, do you know anyone who is struggling with an illness that there is no cure? Look around and see that your bane is not as bad as you think it is and then look up! You have a God that only wants the best for you, life happens and bad filters in, but as long as you are looking toward the "son" as long as you have faith and hope, as long as you converse your fears with God somehow, someway, it will be okay! We all bleed red, we all have troubles, we all feel lost and alone at times, but we never are, it is a matter of attitude and how we handle what we are going through! Let God soothe your wounds today, let God comfort you and calm your fears, let God be your light in the storm...quit telling God how big your storm is and start telling your storm how big your God is! Look for someone struggling more than you are today and let them know you understand, offer them a smile, a kind word, a hug and a prayer and make a difference to someone who has yet to see that with God all things are manageable! Get out there and give someone the gift of you, be the reason for someone to smile and to feel relief! God put us here for a reason and since God is love...so are we! Sharing is caring!!!

Hebrews 13:16 

Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

Luke 6:38 

Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

Philippians 2:4 

Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

1 John 3:17 

But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

Matthew 25:35-40 

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ ...

James 2:14-17 

What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Galatians 6:2 

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

John 15:12 

“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

     

No comments: