Be careful what you wish for!!!






Good morning and Merry CHRISTmas eve! I am sure you are all running from here to there trying to get last minute preparations completed. I pray that at some point today you will find time for you that you will sit and take a moment or two to reflect on Mary in the stable laboring, a young scared girl about to bring the savior into the world. I pray that you will think about what it means to be a parent and what the true meaning of tomorrow is really about. Baby Jesus' birthday, what a wonderful celebration!

In prayer this morning, I thanked our Father in heaven for allowing me to awake with a better attitude and no sadness. I prayed the whole of yesterday for the funk in my spirit to be cleansed and for me to be able to enjoy the festivities. So I have put on my big girl panties and am ready to face the holiday with joy and happiness in my heart! I prayed for each of you, that the stress of the day might be minimal, and that a CHRISTmas tune is being hummed by you with lots of smiles for everyone you see today. I asked God to provide those traveling to and fro with safety of arrival and no incident. I asked God to bless our military who have not yet made it home from overseas, that they might feel the love and appreciation that is felt for them. I asked God to give special blessings to those who are suffering heartbreak from the loss of loved ones and to give strength to those battling illness and disease. Father give each of us peace in our hearts, calm in our minds and comfort in our bodies. In the name of Jesus Christ I ask these blessings. Amen.

I came across this poem, and although it is titled for Mom's, I think it applies to all the caregivers in the world, to all mommies and daddies! 


The Night Before Christmas For Mom's


It was the night before Christmas, when all thru the abode
Only one creature was stirring, and she was cleaning the commode.
The children were finally sleeping, all snug in their beds,
While visions of Nintendo 64 and Barbie, flipped through their heads.

The dad was snoring in front of the TV,
With a half-constructed bicycle on his knee.
So only the mom heard the reindeer hooves clatter,
Which made her sigh, "Now what's the matter?"

With toilet bowl brush still clutched in her hand,
She descended the stairs, and saw the old man.
He was covered with ashes and soot, which fell with a shrug.
"Oh great," muttered the mom, "Now I have to clean the rug."

"Ho-ho-ho!" cried Santa, "I'm glad you're awake."
"Your gift was especially difficult to make."
"Thanks, Santa, but all I want is some time alone."
"Exactly!" he chuckled, "I've made you a clone."

"A clone?" she asked, "What good is that?
Run along, Santa, I've no time for chit-chat."
The mother's twin. Same hair, same eyes,
Same double chin.

"She'll cook, she'll dust," She'll mop every mess.
You'll relax, take it easy, Watch The Young & the Restless." "Fantastic!" the mom cheered. "My dream come true!
"I'll shop. I'll read., I'll sleep a whole night through! "

From the room above, the youngest began to fret.
"Mommy?! I scared... and I am wet."
The clone replied, "I'm coming, sweetheart."
"Hey," the mom smiled, "She knows her part."

The clone changed the small one, and hummed a tune,
as she bundled the child, in a blanket cocoon.
"You the best mommy ever. " I really love you."
The clone smiled and sighed, "I love you, too."

The mom frowned and said, "Sorry, Santa, no deal. "
That's my child's love, she's trying to steal."
Smiling wisely Santa said, "To me it is clear, "
Only one loving mother, is needed here."

The mom kissed her child, and tucked her into bed.
"Thank you, Santa, for clearing my head.
I sometimes forget, it won't be very long,
When they'll be too old, for my cradle-song."

The clock on the mantle began to chime.
Santa whispered to the clone, "It works every time."
With the clone by his side Santa said, "Goodnight. Merry Christmas, Mom, You'll be all right."

-Author Unknown

No comments: