God dosen't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.




Good morning and happy Sunday! 24 degrees and another hazy, gloomy day...only in the sky though~ not in my heart! I bundled up and sat outside for a bit this morning, listening to the world wake up! It was  such a blessing to sit and be one with God. AMAZNG!!!

In prayer this morning I bowed my head in full humility, asking God to bless each of you with his love and his strength. I asked him to rain down special favor for the one suffering with cellulitis in his leg asking him to lay his healing hands on the affected area and bring forth a miraculous healing so that he can get back to the business of spreading the gospel. I prayed fervently for my sweet friend who suffered the loss of her sister yesterday, asking God to bless her with knowledge that she is now soaring with the angels, singing in the celestial choir and filled with only peace, no pain, no sickness, no stress, just God's pure love. She has passed the test and is now reaping the reward of paradise. Touch this family with your love Father, draw them into your arms and allow them to have calm and comfort. I lifted special prayer to a prayer request for a person suffering ill effects after brain surgery, father hold this person in your arms and provide comfort where there is fear and worry, comfort those who stand by watching  as there is such uncertainty. Bless them with your grace, your love and hold them Father. God I love you with all of my heart and I thank you for the good and the bad in my life, I know that I must climb mountains to get to you, I ask today that you provide me with a handrail to hang on to while I climb, I don't ask you to move the mountain only to provide me with something to hang on to. In the name of Christ I ask for mercy, favor and healing for all. Amen.

I came across this story and was so touched by its message. If you are in need today...may an ant carry your contact lens. 

The Ant and the Contact Lens

Brenda was a young woman who was invited to go rock climbing. Although she was scared to death, she went with her group to a tremendous granite cliff. In spite of her fear, she put on the gear, took a hold on the rope, and started up the face of that rock.
Well, she got to a ledge where she could take a breather. As she was hanging on there, the safety rope snapped against Brenda's eye and knocked out her contact lens.

Well, here she is on a rock ledge, with hundreds of feet below her and hundreds of feet above her. Of course, she looked and looked and looked, hoping it had landed on the ledge, but it just wasn't there.

Here she was, far from home, her sight now blurry. She was desperate and began to get upset, so she prayed to the Lord to help her to find it.

When she got to the top, a friend examined her eye and her clothing for the lens, but there was no contact lens to be found. She sat down, despondent, with the rest of the party waiting for the rest of them to make it up the face of the cliff. She looked out across range after range of mountains, thinking of that Bible verse that says, "The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth." She thought, "Lord, You can see all these mountains. You know every stone and leaf, and You know exactly where my contact lens is. Please help me.

Finally, they walked down the trail to the bottom.

At the bottom there was a new party of climbers just starting up the face of the cliff. One of them shouted out, "Hey, you guys! Anybody lose a contact lens?"

Well, that would be startling enough, but you know why the climber saw it? An ant was moving slowly across the face of the rock, carrying it.

Brenda told me that her father is a cartoonist. When she told him the incredible story of the ant, the prayer, and the contact lens, he drew a picture of an ant lugging that contact lens with the words, "Lord, I don't know why You want me to carry this thing. I can't eat it, and it's awfully heavy. But if this is what You want me to do, I'll carry it for You."

At the risk of being accused of being fatalistic, I think it would probably do some of us good to occasionally say, "God, I don't know why you want me to carry this load. I can see no good in it and it's awfully heavy. But, if you want me to carry it, I will."

God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

Contributed by Karen Swaim

No comments: