Join us ~on bended knees~ this CHRISTmas eve night! A very special prayer for you from me!




Good evening and HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE!!! I am sure many of you are with family and friends honoring age old traditions as I am sure my family there in Texas is doing this very night. Merry Christmas to each of them. I pray that this day has afforded you time for yourself and a little time with  our Father in Heaven, if you have not taken the time, please do..he would love to hear thank you for the very gift of Jesus coming to the world I am sure. 

In prayer tonight I asked our Precious Father in Heaven to bless each of you with a wonderful festive spirit, with peace in your heart, calm in your minds and comfort in your bodies. If you should have strife in your life let forgiveness be the gift you give tomorrow, life is short, make amends where it is needed and shower all with love and compassion. I ask mercy, healing, and an abundance of blessings in the name of our savior Jesus Christ. Amen.
I came across this prayer and loved it, I would like to share it with you, may it touch your heart and may it bring warmth to your soul. I love each of you and wish you sweet and beautiful dreams! 

"Loving God, Help us remember the birth of Jesus, 
that we may share in the song of the angels, 
the gladness of the shepherds, 
and worship of the wise men. 

Close the door of hate
and open the door of love all over the world. 
Let kindness come with every gift and good desires with every greeting. 
Deliver us from evil by the blessing which Christ brings,
and teach us to be merry with clear hearts. 

May the Christmas morning make us happy to be thy children,
and Christmas evening bring us to our beds with grateful thoughts, 
forgiving and forgiven, for Jesus' sake."

"Amen."
Robert Louis Stevenson





THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS 
by Clement Clarke Moore
or Henry Livingston


'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,

In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;

And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,

Had just settled down for a long winter's nap,

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash,

Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow

Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below,

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer,

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,

I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick.

More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,

And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

"Now, Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!

On, Comet! on Cupid! on, Donder and Blitzen!

To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!

Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,

When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,

So up to the house-top the coursers they flew,

With the sleigh full of toys, and St. Nicholas too.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof

The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.

As I drew in my head, and was turning around,

Down the chimney St. Nicholas came with a bound.

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,

And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;

A bundle of toys he had flung on his back,

And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

His eyes -- how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!

His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!

His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,

And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow;

The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,

And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath;

He had a broad face and a little round belly,

That shook, when he laughed like a bowlful of jelly.

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,

And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself;

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,

Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,

And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,

And laying his finger aside of his nose,

And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,

And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.

But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."

2 comments:

Kathryn Alaniz said...

that is just beautiful!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Dawn. May your blessings be many this coming year.
Thank you for all the prayers and inspirations you have brought me in this past year. I look forward to reading your post. They make my days better.
Doni