NO need to say more...THIS SAYS IT ALL!!!! IMAGINE....








Happy "tank filling day" to all! I pray this day has started out with "I love you's" all around and that the ones closest to you know just how you feel about them! As we saw on Friday, life is short, we are not promised tomorrow, we must share the love of Christ each and every day my friends....this being said I wish to tell you that I LOVE YOU. The events that took place on Friday in Connecticut are still so heavy on my mind, I cannot keep from thinking about all the families that are filled with so much sadness as they get up this day to realize once again it is not a dream. My heart breaks for them. 

Today I would just like to make this blog about honoring them, let my tears flow once again and then allow myself to move forward and pray that somehow, someway these families can feel the outpouring of love that is being given them, being sent their way through prayer, and that they can feel God's hands upon their bodies filling them with grace and mercy! I was going to write a prayer but could not seem to find my words, I asked God to guide me as to what I could write that would touch hearts and I was led to this poem...I thank you Father God for always guiding me in the right direction......
NO NEED TO SAY MORE!!! THIS SAYS IT ALL...as you read this poem imagine each one of those who were lifted directly into paradise, imagine them sitting there right beside Christ feeling only peace and love!

twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.

their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.

they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.

"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."

when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.

and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King 

and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.

and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."

then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe

then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"

"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"

then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"come now my children, let me show you around."
excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.

and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA (my hometown)



No comments: