Are you a reason, a season, or a lifetime?






Good morning my friend! I pray your day is going well and that you awoke this morning eager to see what God has in store for you! I wake up each morning with a hearty THANK YOU and anxious to see what the new day brings! Somedays it brings not much to get excited about but then there are days when all I can do is smile and just love, love, love the opportunity to touch someone's heart! I am so very fortunate in life to have the friends that I have and the love that is given to me on a daily basis, if there is nothing more to life than this...then I am rich beyond my wildest dreams!

Today I just want to give praise to my friends. Thomas Fuller quotes..."if you have one true friend, you have more than your share" and I have come to know this as truth over the years....True friends are very hard to come by, it takes a lot of trust, a lot of understanding and a lot of sheer, pure, love to have and to be a friend! I have lived all of my life trying to be the best friend a person can have. I have found in life that many people do not really understand the meaning of friendship unless it has something to give them! I have had a lot of people in my life that I thought were friends only to find out that when the going got tough they opted out and decided to look elsewhere! I am blessed to have several true friends, some I have only met over the internet on facebook or here on my blog but the love I feel from them, the help I have gotten from them, the joy and laughter we have shared is God given. I know many, many people and consider them social friends and am so very happy they are in my life...but I know they are here for a reason and some won't be in my life forever...I love the quotes..."God gives us three types of friends; friends for a reason, friends for a season, and friends for a lifetime." I am just so thankful for each of these three types for they give me lessons in life and give me a better knowledge of what it takes for me to be a true friend. I can only hope that when you see my name posted here or in any writing that you come across that you smile and say "she is my friend" I value friendship and love being a true friend. I pray that in your life you have at least one true friend!!!
This is a story that I read a long time ago and it has always stuck in my mind..this is the kind of friend I always want to be, the one that there is never any doubt that I will be there if you need me! no matter what...I will be there!!!!!

Military Story: True Friend 

Horror gripped the heart of the World War I soldier as he saw his lifelong friend fall in battle. Caught in a trench with continuous gunfire whizzing over his head, the soldier asked his lieutenant if he might go out into the “no man’s land” between the trenches to bring his fallen comrade back.

“You can go,” said the lieutenant, “but i don’t think it will be worth it. Your friend is probably dead and you may throw your life away.” The lieutenant’s advice didn’t matter, and the soldier went anyway. Miraculously he managed to reach his friend, hoist him onto his shoulder and bring him back to their company’s trench. As the two of them tumbled in together to the bottom of the trench, the officer checked the wounded soldier, and then looked kindly at his friend.

“I told you it wouldn’t be worth it,” he said. “Your friend is dead and you are mortally wounded.”

“It was worth it, though, sir,” said the soldier.

“What do you mean; worth it?” responded the Lieutenant. “Your friend is dead.”

“Yes, Sir” the private answered. “But it was worth it because when I got to him, he was still alive and I had the satisfaction of hearing him saying, “Jim…, I knew you’d come.”

No comments: