Are you a "taker~backer"????????






Good morning and happy "tank filling day"...the sun is shining...let me say that again...THE SUN IS SHINING...and boy is it beautiful....the way in which is hits the sun leaves the appearance of a million diamonds on the ground, the sky is a beauitful blue and I can see the mountain...Hallelujah, HALLelujah, HALLELUJAH.....Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day, I 've got a beautiful feeling it going to be an amazing day!!! SHOUTING THANKS to our Father in Heaven...Don't forget to fill you spiritual tank today, it is the only thing that will keep you driving along through the mess of this coming week!!!


Do you know the phrase "taker~backer"? it is when someone gives you something and then takes it back??? Has this ever happened to you?  Do you remember how bad it hurt? Do you remember the anger you felt toward the person doing the take back? 
Are you a "taker~backer"???

I must confess that I am more often than I care to admit, I do this almost daily and even though I try my hardest.....I still do it...I am not talking about the physical gifts I give...when I give a gift to someone it is theirs forever, when I do a service for someone it is not for what I will get in return, it is to help them in a time of need. When I give anything to anyone it is not for self gratification, is is because that is who I am , I love giving and I love touching people...I never wish for anything in return except to see them enjoy what I have given....When it comes to GOD, I have to confess that I am the biggest "taker~backer" there has ever been...I give him my problems, my fears, my worries, my anguish, my anxiety...and then all of a sudden I take it all back and once again carry it on my shoulders....How come do we do this....we are told to have faith, we read the bible which is filled with knowledge of how good and might our God is, we stand on faith, we believe, but do we really????
In speaking with a friend this morning who is really having a difficult time in life...I found myself on the highest of all high soap boxes...telling him about giving it over to God and then taking it back, I talked to him on this subject for a very long time and then when I was done I felt like a hypocrite....I do the very things he is doing and here I am telling him to stop it....WHOA...I had to do a step back and really look in the mirror after our conversation...I felt as if God was saying .....Okay, now that you have preached it...how come you are not following it??? I felt embarrassed, I felt about an inch tall, and I repented once again for being the one who was saying do as I say not as I do....It is hard to lay down total trust when it is for bills, when it is for matters that could effect where you life, the car you drive, etc....I have to trust that God will take these things I have laid at his feel and make a way for me, he always has...sometimes not to my liking but still he has provided a way for me....Today I am, no matter how hard it is for me, am going to lay them at God's feet and trust that he will once again provide for us...I refuse to pick them back up and I refuse to be a "take~backer" 

Quotes about Faith - Read scriptures that offer guidance, support and encouragement on subjects dealing with faith, such as Christian faith, faith in healing, faith in prayer, faith in others, and hope. Read verses from the Holy Bible about faith in relation to God, Jesus Christ, and the Christian faith.


Matthew 17:20
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. "

Matthew 21:21
Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.

Matthew 14:31
Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"

Matthew 15:28
Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Matthew 9:2
Some men brought to him a paralytic, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven."

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

1 Peter 1:21
Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.

1 Peter 1:7
These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

Titus 1:2
a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time,

2 Corinthians 5:7
We live by faith, not by sight.

1 Corinthians 15:14-17
And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.  More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised.  For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either.  And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.

1 Peter 1:5-9
who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.  In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.  These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.  Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,  for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

1 John 5:4
for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.

1 Corinthians 16:13
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.

1 Timothy 6:11
But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.

1 Peter 5:9
Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

1 Thessalonians 1:3
We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 2:5
so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.


  

No comments: