I am declaring "UNCLE", you can stop now!!!!.........




"Saturday in the park".....I don't know why this song came to mind this morning, maybe because I long to be in the park, sitting/laying on a blanket under clear blue skies, listening to the heavenly choir of birds singing joyful melodies, feeling the sun shine on my face and the warm air on my toes....YES you might say I have been cooped up in my little box apartment one day to many this winter. We have had so much snow that it is not really safe to get out on the roadways, just the threat of slipping on the ice between my door and the vehicle is not a good thought! It continues to snow here today, we are up by 3 inches and it is showing no signs of stopping any time soon. I think they forecast 7 to 10 inches here on the valley floor....grrrrrrrrr, okay Old man winter.....I am declaring "UNCLE", you can stop now!!!!

In prayer this morning I sat in the dark of my little apartment, listening to nothing but the hum of the refrigerator and the beat of my heart. I seem to be in depression more than ever as of late and have had to work like crazy just to get through each day. I would much rather curl up in my bed, throw my covers over my head and stay there until things are easier, until the sun is out  and the warmth is with us, I would much rather be a little kid again, where my parents have to worry about the bills, the food, the clothes, the everything and all I have to do is plan what fun adventure I will do today. I would much rather be...anywhere other than where I am right this very moment...but we all know this is not a "doable" thing....we all know that I have to get out of the  bed, I have to throw the warmth of the covers off of me and I have to get up, I have to face this day just as I face each day and I have to have faith that it is going to get better...RIGHT???? I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that I choose how my day will go, I know that I am in control of my mood, of my emotions, of my feelings and of my day....but what if I dont' want to be??? LOL...as of late I would rather not be...but alas I have to be!!!

So today I am choosing to continue forward with faith and hope, I am choosing to push the yuck out of my way and boldly walk ahead....I will not be defeated, I will not be repressed, I will not be pushed down in the muck...I will allow my faith to carry me into the next phase and I will do this with my eyes wide open and filled with expectations of good things!!!! This being said I ask that you pray my favorite prayer with me for I know I am not the only one feeling as I am today, I know that many of us are geared up and fighting battles of our own, we are standing prepared for whatever comes our way and we are determined not to let satan have a hand in anything that is in our lives...we may be stumbling at times...but we darned sure are not falling...He promises us that we will not fall, he will either catch us or give us wings to fly on our own....

Dear Lord, I thank You for this day.  
I thank You for my being able to see and to hear this morning.  
I'm blessed because You are a forgiving and understanding God.  
You have done so much for me and You keep on blessing me.  
Forgive me this day for I have sinned. 
I ask now for Your forgiveness.  
Keep me safe from all danger and harm.
Let me start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude. 
Let me make the best of each and every day 
and give my best in all that is put before me.  
Clear my mind that I can hear from You.  
Broaden my mind that I can accept all things.  
Let me not whine and whimper over things I have no control over.  
Let me continue to see sin through God's eyes
and acknowledge it as evil.  
And when I sin, let me repent, and confess my wrong doing,
and receive the forgiveness of God.  
And when this world closes in on me, 
let me remember Jesus' example --- 
to slip away and find a quiet place to pray.  
It's the best response when I'm pushed beyond my limits.  
I know that when I can't pray, You listen to my heart.
Continue to use me to do your Will. 
Continue to bless me that I may be a blessing to others.
Keep me strong that I may help the weak.
Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others.
I pray for those that are lost and can't find their way.
I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood.
I pray for those who refuse to share a word from You.
I pray for those that will read this and not use this in their lives.
I pray for those that will delete this without sharing it with others.
I pray for those that don't believe.  But I believe.
I believe that God changes people and God changes things.
I pray for all my sisters and brothers.
This is my prayer; I pray in Jesus' name.
Amen.



No comments: