~~A Poem for Heather~~





~~A Poem for Heather~~

As I sit this morning in the sun basking in all God's glory,
I am brought back to reality that today begins the end of the story.
Your body it is laid to rest in a casket that is open,
for all to come and say farewell, their hearts are scarred and broken.
I remember you as a small child, your freckles and your smile, 
I have not seen you in many years but it only seems a while.
Today I sit and remember, no longer a child but a wife and mother,
 by the wonderful things that are being said by your family and all the others.
Sweet Heather, many hearts are sad, many tears have fallen too,
So many loved you deeply and are distraught in missing you.
As they stand to say goodbye today and then again tomorrow, 
each heart will be torn in to from their great heartfelt sorrow.
If I could give them anything it would be a vision from up above,
that even though you are not here in body that you are here in love.
I would tell your baby Zachary, that when it came to mom's he had the best,
and that one day when he is called home, in your loving arms he will rest. 
I would tell your mom and dad, that you are waiting there, 
and when their time on earth is done they will join you and God's beauty they will share.
I would tell your beautiful sisters, that you are with them still, 
and that when they are in need of you, in their hearts its you they will feel. 
I would tell your husband when he lays down and is aching for some rest, 
that you will lay beside him with your head upon his chest. 
Heather you left a mighty mark on all who loved and called you friend,
in our hearts we all know that this is not the end. 
For with God's promise we will meet again! 
Dawn E. Phillips
2013


No comments: