Do not let satan benefit from his actions....Do not put off the good....

Good morning...whats my favorite day???? Tank filling day, you guessed it right, I love Sundays, I love filling my spiritual tank so that I know I can make it through whatever is thrown my way during the coming week...
It is a rainy/snowy day here in Utah, we did have one day of sunshine yesterday and my hubby labored very hard trying to get our old van back on the roads....unfortunately the sun and warmer weather did not last long enough so he is supposed to finish today, however there is no cover for him to be under and the cold rain is falling pretty good, don't think he will be able to get out there and as Larry the Cable Guy says...."get er done" 

I fell asleep really early last night and feel so rested and relaxed this morning, it is a wonderful feeling as I have not been sleeping well at night, I was asleep by 9:30 and did not awake until 6:45 this morning, boy what a difference a rest filled night can make. 

As I sat in the darkness of the morning with the only sound being my refrigerator humming I felt so close to our Father in Heaven, I sat with my head back, my eyes closed just enjoying the wonderful feeling of love and security that he wrapped around me, as you all know we have faced some pretty hard times this last year and I have struggled with faith, with depression, with anxiety and with doubt...and in struggling so much I have found an even deeper relationship with God, deeper than I ever imagined I could have. I have had to lay all of my woes at his feet time after time and I have had to learn not to take them back once I have laid them there. He has gotten us through by the skin of our teeth but he has gotten us through. In allowing us to "barely" get buy we have learned very valuable lessons, we have learned to depend upon one another for entertainment as we cannot afford to go out, we have learned how to cook without much food, we have learned that love really can bring you through the storms of life and always make things worthwhile. The last 4 years have been nothing but lessons and learning and I am so thankful for it. My faith is stronger than it has ever been and I know that God is right here for me, he is taking each step that I take and he is shielding me from harm. How can anyone deny that HE is real, that HE is our Father and that HE loves us without condition?

You know I am always reading stories of inspiration to share with you and I came across this one and thought WOW, this one really applies to so many, the more good we try to do it seems the more times we fall in the muck, we will be rewarded however if we keep in focus of the good that we are doing, if we keep on marching forward even if we get knocked down, if we keep on believing even when we are faced with what we think if bad, bad, bad...We have to hold fast to our faith and we have to know that the end will more than justify the NOW...

Don't put it off!:

A man woke up early in order to have his morning devotion (prayer) in the Lord’s house (Church). He got dressed, and went on his way to the Lord's house (Church).

On his way to the Church, the man fell and his clothes got dirty. He got up, brushed himself off, and headed home. At home, he changed his clothes, and was, again, on his way to the Lord's house. On his way to the Church, he fell again and at the same spot! He, again, got up, brushed himself off and headed home. At home he, once again, changed his clothes and was on his way to the Lord's house (Church). On his way to the house of God (Church), he met a man holding a lamp. He asked the man his identity and the man replied 'I saw you fall twice on your way to the house of God (Church), so I brought a lamp so I can light your way.

The first man thanked him profusely and the two were on their way to the house of God (Church). Once at the house of God (Church), the first man asked the man with the lamp to come in and pray with him. The second man refused. The first man asked him a couple more times and, again, the answer was the same.

The first man asked him why he did not wish to come in and pray. The man replied, 'I am satan'. The man was shocked at this reply. satan went on to explain, 'I saw you on your way to the house of God (Church) and it was I who made you fall.

When you went home, cleaned yourself and went back on your way to the house of God (Church), God forgave all of your sins. I made you fall a second time, and even that did not encourage you to stay home, but rather, you went back on your way to Church. Because of that, God forgave all the sins of the people of your household. I was afraid if I made you fall one more time, then God will forgive the sins of the people of your village, so I made sure that you reached the house of God (Church) safely.'

Do not let satan benefit from his actions. Do not put off the good you intended to do as you never know how much reward you might receive from the hardships you encounter while trying to achieve that good.
Your righteousness can save your family.
www.handofgod.com.au

No comments: