I have felt the fire and I have smelled the vile smell ....







Happy Palm Sunday (Palm Sunday is a Christian moveable feast that falls on the Sunday before Easter. The feast commemorates Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem, an event mentioned in all four canonical Gospels) to all, I pray as you awoke this morning that the light of the new day filled you with hope and with abundant faith that this is a new day and a new beginning.

As we go through this week before Easter I pray that you will, each day, remember all that took place this week in Jerusalem, remember Jesus Christ in all that you do, this week more than ever before, find your knees often and thank him for the sacrifice that was made so that you could live for all time and eternity. Sit in the quiet when you can and imagine all the pain he suffered for you that week, all that he endured because of God's great love for you. Each time you are unsure of an action that you might be taking, ask yourself..."what would Jesus do" Let this Easter season be the one that opens your eyes to new beginnings personally, let this Easter season be the season you wish to change your life and to become a better Christian. I am working on this week and have yet again openend my heart as wide as I can so that I might receive divine guidance as to the weak parts in my life and learn how to become stronger....I read this quote posted on facebook by a very special and spiritual lady and asked that I might be able to copy it into my blog...at that time I did not even know what my blog would entail this morning....but it sure is another sign that God guides my subjects each day and is never short on giving me direction in my writing....
Thank you Donna Farquhar Jones for sharing this....

"People who inspire others are those who see invisible bridges at the end of dead-end streets". Charles Swindoll


This is my forever goal in life, I wish to be an inspiration to all, I wish to be an example of "good" and share with all, the stories of God in my life. God has been with me since before I even knew who he was, I have challenged him, I have ambled through acting as if I had no faith, I have dared him, I have pushed him to his limits...I am sure....but I have never denied him. I have always known that he is in my life, some of the things I have been into and come out alive are proof in the pudding that his hands were upon me and he was always pulling me from the muck that I called life. 

I have been where you are, I have tempted the door of hell to open and consume me, I have been so far down that I doubted God could reach that far...I have done it all, and even though I am ashamed I allowed myself to get to the point of no return...I am happy that I did, I am glad that I have been there, I have felt the fire and I have smelled the vile smell of evil....I am glad WHY?? Because in being there I am able to be here and to appreciate the day to day blessings that God allows me, I am able to love without condition, I am able to believe without doubt, I am able to empathize with those who are there now, and I am able to share my stories with those who need to see to believe. God not only pulled me from my own personal hell he gave me the greatest gift I could be given, He forgave me, He loved me, and He allows me to be able to understand those that are at the door now, those who are knocking on satan's door and waiting for the opening...I am here to tell you today, there is nothing you can do that God will not forgive you...WELL there is ONE thing....you can deny GOD and he will not force his way on you, you can DENY him and he will stand quietly and patiently waiting in the shadows until you are ready...I pray that today you are ready. I pray that TODAY is the day you finally decide that you need help, that you need GOD in your life...I ask you to come and pray with me this very special prayer and ask God to come into your heart, ask GOD to lead and guide you at this time. I ask you to lay down your hatred, your doubts, your fears, your worries and take the hand of GOD...he will never leave nor forsake you and he will bring you through the storm you are calling life. 

 Salvation is a gift from God that will enable you to spend eternity in Heaven. To receive this gift, you need to accept Christ into your life, repent of your sins and begin living a life that is pleasing to God. If you feel you have done too many bad things for God to forgive you, you are wrong. Whether you are old or young, rich or poor, a liar, a thief, an adulterer, a murder and so on, if you truly repent in your heart and accept Jesus, YOU WILL BE SAVED.... 

Salvation Prayer

 Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.

Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life.
Amen.



When you have accepted Christ into your heart, no matter if  you have done this before and fallen or if this is the first time, it is imperative to seek out people who are walking the path of Christ, it is important to wrap yourself around people that will help you to get on the right track. Please if you need help let me know, no matter where you are I can help you to find the ones that you need. God is amazing and I am so glad you are seeking him out today!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn I have an amazing testimony. I have been homeless, I have been the user if drugs, I have sold myself in order to buy the love that was there all along I have lost my children and have been in an abusive relationship but I thought God abandoned me a long time ago but I was so wrong he was only standing in the shadows waiting for me to come back home with him. I have to say that when I realized that my way was no longer going to work and turned to God he gave me a new insight on life really a new lease on life. I alone can not take the credit for the amazing transformation that occurred in my life today. I may not have everything that I want but through the glory of God I have everything I need. Thank you Jesus for giving your life so that I may have eternal life.

Dawn said...

I am reduced to tears in reading your post, thank you for sharing with us your life story. With Jesus Christ in your heart you will never fail, he will continue to allow you to learn...without learning the progression would be worthless. I pray that you continue on your path, that you continue to feel God's robes of love wrapped around you and that you always know you have a friend right here who loves you and will be here to lift you, to inspire you and to help in any way possible if ever you feel you are slipping in your faith. God bless you over and over again for seeking him and clinging to him!

Anonymous said...

Dawn I have watched you for a few years from afar, but with God's love he has allowed me to remove the blinders from my eyes, I want to say thank you for being such a stronghold in loving God, *long distance hug!* I just thought I would share my story because their might be someone out there that is going through the same thing I had, and just needs reassurance that there is hope when you have no one else God is there for you! God Bless and thank you for giving me a way to share my testimony!

Dawn said...

what an inspiration you are...God bless you my friend and hugs right back to you! He is good and once we find him WE are the ones that are blessed beyond measure. Our blessings might not be what we envision but the blessing in all of it is that we have a loving God that will never let us fail if we cling tight to him!!!!