RIP my beautiful friend, knowing that we all shall see you again...


My heart is broken, the tears just keep falling, sitting here thinking about the cutest little girl I had ever seen, sitting here thinking of a family that I adore, a family that had it all love that was unbelievable,  three happy little girls always filled with smiles, always with a kind words for everyone, always shining lights in this world. 

Today one of these three bright eyed beautiful little girls has been called home to walk the golden path to stand at the side of our Father in heaven. We cannot even pretend to understand the why this has happened, we cannot pretend to believe that she is in a better place, even though we know  she has passed the tests of time and is now soaring with the angels that have gone before her. She is at this moment being held in the arms of her grandfather who just joined heaven not long ago. She is looking down and missing each of you already but is no longer in pain, is no longer suffering and is seeing the plan for her life that God formatted before she even earned her earthly body. Heather you are love, you are beautiful and you will be missed each and every day. Your family is strong and they will stand together and support one another as needed in order to handle this horrible pain in their hearts. Your baby will be loved more than you will ever believe and will always be told the memories that are in the hearts of all that love you. Your passing is much to soon, there is so much here for you to do but God needed you for a purpose and plan that only you can do, he called you home to continue your work from the heavens and not here on earth. My sweet friend, the memories I have of you as that little girl running around playing in Banjo and Barb's yard will forever be imprinted in my mind. may the love you gave on earth be carried on by each and every soul that had the pleasure of knowing you.

Father God, I come to you with so much sadness in my heart, with so much sadness for the ones who are hurting so right this very moment in the loss of their daughter, sister, wife, mother, and friend. I pray that you will wrap your loving arms around each of them allowing you to comfort them, to give them peace where each, I am sure, feel that there will never be again, give them calm as they sit and try to understand what has just happened. Father we do not ask you why this horrible thing has happened but we do ask that you show each of us HOW to get through this and to continue on without sweet Heather being here. Bless each of them with understanding and love as you walk this rugged path with them  and allow them the knowledge that this is not a forever goodbye but only an until we meet again. In the name of Jesus Christ we lift each of them in prayer. Amen.

For the Gower Family, the Robertson family and for all who knew and loved Heather, I would like to share this poem, praying that it will bring a bit of comfort to you hearts...

If tomorrow starts without me,
And I'm not there to see,
If the sun should rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me;
I wish so much you wouldn't cry the way you did today,
While thinking of the many things, we didn't get to say.
I know how much you love me,
As much as I love you,
And each time that you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too;
But when tomorrow starts without me,
Please try to understand,
That an angel came and called my name,
And took me by the hand,
And said my place was ready,
In heaven far above,
And that I'd have to leave behind;
All those I dearly love.
But as I turned to walk away,
A tear fell from my eye
For all my life, I'd always thought,
I didn't want to die.
I had so much to live for, So much left yet to do,
It seemed almost impossible,
That I was leaving you.
I thought of all the yesterdays,
The good ones and the bad,
I thought of all the love we shared,
And all the fun we had.
If I could relive yesterday,
Just even for a while,
I'd say good-bye and kiss you
And maybe see you smile.
But then I fully realized,
That this could never be,
For emptiness and memories,
Would take the place of me.
And when I thought of worldly things,
I might miss come tomorrow,
I thought of you, and when I did,
My heart was filled with sorrow.
But when I walked through heaven's gates,
I felt so much at home.
When God looked down and smiled at me,
From His great golden throne,
He said, "This is eternity, And all I've promised you."
Today your life on earth is past,
But here life starts anew.
I promise no tomorrow, But today will always last,
And since each day's the same way,
There's no longing for the past.
You have been so faithful, So trusting and so true.
Though there were times you did some things,
You knew you shouldn't do.
But you have been forgiven, And now at last you're free.
So won't you come and take my hand, And share my life with me?
So when tomorrow starts without me, Don't think we're far apart,
For every time you think of me, I'm right here, in your heart.
Mahler

1 comment:

Barbara Thompson said...

Such a beautiful poem Dawn.......I'm sad for your loss and the family of this sweet young lady. God does have a plan we just have to understand and believe in him.