"Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cry'n..."






Hello and happy "tank fillin' day" I pray your day is off to a good start and that you have not only taken time to wish the dad's in your life a very happy Father's day but also taken time to tell God how much you appreciate him being your Heavenly Father. 

My dad was a good man, he had his ups and downs but still was the best provider there ever could have been for the 7 of us, he never neglected to work so that we could have the things we needed and most of the things we wanted, he offered each of us college after high school and was always there if we were in need of questions answered. Having grown up in the great depression he was not a book educated man, but still was a very knowledgeable man, he read and kept up on all of the happenings in the world and tried his very best to lead us in the direction that would best benefit us. Happy Father's day Daddy!

 I also would like to wish a happy day to the all of the men in my family who are father's, my brother Tom, brother in law, Greg, brother in law Lynn, and brother Paul. As there kiddos are all grown now and venturing out on their own I know that each are thankful for the guidance and the love that you have given them. And as our family grows we now have two new father's this year...my nephew Hunter and my son in law Derek. I also wish my husband a wonderful day, he is Father to two incredible young men, and step father to my Megan, he is deemed by her as "the wise owl" and has always been there for her when she had questions, when she was losing her way and when she just needed advice and her dad was to far away to make an impact. Wayde is such an inspiration to me, he never ceases to "be there" when either of the three need him. I am so blessed to have my daughter call him "Poppi" and to love him the way she does, they have a very special bond and I thank God that he is in my life...I also wish Homer a happy Father's day, we might not have had what it took to have a successful marriage but we did have something very special in making and bringing our Megan into the world, I could never have asked for a better dad for my child and am so very happy he has been such a huge part of her life even though we were divorced. To all of you men, all I have honored here on my blog...may this day be filled with much love and joy and if your dad is no longer with you..may they be filled with smiles looking down from heaven knowing that because of their direction you continue to grow and love. 



"None of you can ever be proud enough of being the child of such a Father who has not his equal in this world - so great, so good, so faultless." There has been a moment in each of your lives when you have stopped to wonder the matchless importance of your dad in your lives. Their influence infinite, their presence inimitable! They have been a pillar of strength for you and their unconditional love has never demanded anything from you other than your love and respect. Celebrate the spirit of Father's Day with this adorable story and cherish the presence of your father in your life.



A Father's Eyes 

Jonathan's mother died when he was very young and his father brought him up. Both of them shared a very special relationship. Jonathan loved to play football and his father made sure that he was always there to cheer his son at every match, even if Jonathan wasn't a part of the playing team. Jonathan being small sized, wasn't allowed to play in the main team. Nevertheless, he continued with his practice with full determination. Everyone thought that Jonathan would never be able to make it into the team, though somehow, his determination carried him through. The coach seeing his diligence and dedication decided to keep him on the roster.

One day during practice, the coach met him with a telegram. Jonathan was shocked to read the message contained in it. Swallowing hard, he mumbled to the coach, "My father died this morning. Will it be all right if I miss practice today?" The coach gently put his arm around his shoulder and said, "Take the rest of the week off, son, and don't even plan to come to the game on Saturday." On the day of the game, Jonathan's college team was losing badly to the rival team. The coach and the players had all lost hope when they saw Jonathan coming towards them. Jonathan ran up to the coach and pleaded him to allow him to play this match. At first, the coach wouldn't allow him to play. However after a lot of persuasion, the coach gave in.No sooner Jonathan joined the team in the field, their scores started to improve before both the teams were on a tie.

However, the real cheer came during the crucial closing seconds when he intercepted a pass and ran all the way for the winning touchdown. His team members were ecstatic. The crowd came running towards him to celebrate the win. After the match, the coach went up to Jonathan, who was seated alone in the corner of the locker room and asked, "Kid, I can't believe it. You were fantastic! Tell me what got into you? How did you do it?" He looked at the coach, with tears in his eyes, and said, "Well, you knew my dad died, but did you know that my dad was blind?" The young man swallowed hard and forced a smile, "Dad came to all my games, but today was the first time he could see me play, and I wanted to show him I could do it!"

No comments: