Feeling the true pain of others....what a blessing God has laid on my heart!!!!!







Hello and happy Monday, I pray this day is off to a great start and if it is not....take a knee, ask God to right the wrongs and like a phoenix, arise with a brand new outlook with a brand new attitude...when you allow others to steal your joy you are giving them free reign over your heart....why would anyone do that? If there is negative in your way, get a good running start, bust through it and let the positive encircle you....YOU are in control and YOU are the only one who can change the way your day is going..."whistle while you work" and see yourself through your makers eyes....if YOU were not worthy would he keep on caring?

I actually did sleep for 4 solid hours without being disturbed by this hideous cough, I don't know if I was just to exhausted to realize it or if maybe by God's healing hands it is finally going to start to subside, either way, I feel a bit more rested! Singing God's praises.

In keeping up with the compassion theme for this month, I have come across a little story this morning that is sure to put a little warmth in your heart and the will to get out there and do something nice for someone!!!

I pray that when you come and ask me for prayer that you know I do not just throw words out there, that I do not take it lightly, I am able to feel your pain, your need, your situation and many times I find myself in tears with you. I used to think this gift of empathy was an albatross hung around my neck but as I have gotten older I realize that it is one of the most precious gifts God could have given me and I am thankful for being able to "feel" the needs of others, it is a gift that is finer than all of the riches in the world...I am blessed!!!!

Feeling the true pain of others...

Story

Once, a great wise man and teacher was approached by one of his students whose son was terribly ill. The doctors had given up all hope. The student thought, “If anybody can help now, maybe it’s my teacher.”

So the student asked the great man, “Is there anything you can do? Can you pray? Can you open the Gates of Heaven?” So the man prayed. But after a while he turned to his student and said, “I’m sorry. There’s nothing that I can do. The Gates of Heaven are closed.”

Of course, the student was heartbroken. He got on his horse and traveled back toward his home. But after riding for five or ten minutes, he heard somebody galloping after him at full speed. 

Seeing that it was his teacher, he stopped by the side of the road. As soon as the teacher caught up with him, the student asked, “Were you able to open the Gates of Heaven?”

The teacher said, “No, I’m sorry to tell you again that the Gates of Heaven are closed. But I realized after you left that if I can’t help your son, the least I can do is cry with you.” And they sat down by the side of the road and they cried together.

The story goes on to show how the two men were able to find a way to save the student’s son, but that’s not the important point. There is always something more that we can do. And one thing we can always do is feel the pain of others. 


No matter how much we think we’ve done, there is always something more that we can do. If we can’t help somebody, we can cry with them. We can feel their pain.

No comments: