Love to all from the "crooked" house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Happy "tank fillin day" I don't know how long I will have internet this morning but have been missing talking to each of you and jumped at the opportunity to take time to chat!

This passed week has been filled with many ups and downs, with anxiety, heavy sadness and tears and much hard labor. We have made our move to Kansas, got here and found that the house we rented was in much need of TLC and understanding, our poor old Sundance, 12 year old retriever's health got worse and had to be put to sleep, and the trip was much more expensive than I had planned...So we arrived and were instantly taken aback at the tremendous amount of work it was going to take to get us in a clean environment both inside the house and out! Wayde and I bot took time on our knees speaking with God and asking him to give us a way of making this work...We began cleaning and setting up shop, there is not one level floor in the house so we have had to overcome the feeling of having vertigo each time we walked from room to room, all boxes are now unpacked, pictures are on the walls and our little "crooked" house is livable...I am so thankful for a husband who is understanding and upbeat, who faces a challenge with both feet planted and who works beside me each step of the way to ensure that it is the best that it can be...we began to tackle to yard yesterday and of course right off the bat the mower would not work, Wayde patiently sat down to the task of identifying the problem and after 3 hours and hefty prayers it chugged back to life and about 1/3 of the yard looked groomed before darkness overtook us. So today we will finish the remainder of the yard and go about our tasks of working and earning money tomorrow! I am finally over the anxiety and frustration and ready to start the art of living here in Kansas. Our "crooked" little house sits surrounded by trees and we have lightening bugs and squirrels, this morning as I sit here on the porch I have been treated with my favorite bird, the wood pecker...he has been busy on a tree at the side of our house and I found myself excited and filled with joy to hear the familiar sound of growing up! I have seen blue birds and red birds and a hummingbird that I would swear followed us from our little box apartment in Utah, he acts familiar with us and is just like the one there, not scared to come close and feed and just allow me to see his little eyes! I love it!!!!!!

As for my Sundance, I know in my heart that it was time to allow him to go across the "rainbow bridge" I was selfish in keeping him here with me for so long, when we arrived here I looked in his eyes and it was as if he was begging me to send him home...I prayed and asked God to validate to me that it was time. That very afternoon we were out getting our bearings in our new area and we chanced upon a veterinary office...it was as if the light of Christ was shining on the building and I told Wayde..."stop" we went inside to the most precious lady at the desk, when I began to tell her about Sundance she cried with me....We took him the following morning and it was so peaceful to see him finally have no pain, the laid down and as soon as the injection began his panting stopped and he was gone, there was not even a second of pain for him! After the sobbing stopped I was able to sit and chat with God and I knew then and there that what we have done was the right thing...Thank you father God for this knowledge and for providing us with the comfort only you can provide when our hearts are breaking....

We are praying for a month of patience and understanding while we are getting back on our feet, if I seem pushy with my "Strokes of Love" painting business it is only because we are in need of orders to sustain us! I know that God has allowed me the talent and ability to get this company off of its feet to allow us financial stability and I will paint day and night if that is what it takes for us to FINALLY make it! I pray that things in your world are going well and that you are seeing the blessings through any storms that you may be going through. I am going to close this blog with my favorite prayer as I know so many will acknowledge that it was prayer just for their needs. Onward and Upward is what I always say...and we have our "chins to the wind" and will not be defeated!!!! Love you all from the crooked house!!!!!

Dear Lord, I thank You for this day.  
I thank You for my being able to see and to hear this morning.  
I'm blessed because You are a forgiving and understanding God.  
You have done so much for me and You keep on blessing me.  
Forgive me this day for I have sinned. 
I ask now for Your forgiveness.  
Keep me safe from all danger and harm.
Let me start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude. 
Let me make the best of each and every day 
and give my best in all that is put before me.  
Clear my mind that I can hear from You.  
Broaden my mind that I can accept all things.  
Let me not whine and whimper over things I have no control over.  
Let me continue to see sin through God's eyes
and acknowledge it as evil.  
And when I sin, let me repent, and confess my wrong doing,
and receive the forgiveness of God.  
And when this world closes in on me, 
let me remember Jesus' example --- 
to slip away and find a quiet place to pray.  
It's the best response when I'm pushed beyond my limits.  
I know that when I can't pray, You listen to my heart.
Continue to use me to do your Will. 
Continue to bless me that I may be a blessing to others.
Keep me strong that I may help the weak.
Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others.
I pray for those that are lost and can't find their way.
I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood.
I pray for those who refuse to share a word from You.
I pray for those that will read this and not use this in their lives.
I pray for those that will delete this without sharing it with others.
I pray for those that don't believe.  But I believe.
I believe that God changes people and God changes things.
I pray for all my sisters and brothers.
This is my prayer; I pray in Jesus' name.
Amen.


No comments: