Is your glass to heaving to hold?????





Good morning and happy Thursday, I know, I know, I am beginning to be a let down when it comes to blogging....I could say I have been really busy..but that would be like saying I don't have time to share GOD'S love!!! When I look at it that way...WOW...it makes me sick to my stomach....what makes me so special that I don't have time to share GOD'S love...absolutely nothing......Without God's love not one of us would be here, we would be somewhere pretty hot I think, without God's love there would be no forgiveness, there would be no protection, there would be no understanding and if you think this world is in a mess now.....you have yet to see what could be if GOD were not protecting you!!!! I look at the horror going on in our world and then think what if GOD were not providing robes of protection for us....boy oh boy even the worst thing we could imagine would not be bad!!!!

As I sit here in the cool morning air, listening to the crickets and the locust singing songs of praise to Father God, watching as the sky begins to come light and the darkness gently slips away for another day I am overcome with the beauty that I cannot even see. I guess I can say I am overcome because even everyone is still sleeping God is on the job, he is here 24/7 making sure that we are okay, he never takes a break, he never gets a vacation, he never gets to sleep and rejuvinate and his job is the most intense and important one there is...taking care of all of us. Today I pray that you feel his love, that you will take some time to share him with others and that you will thank him for the dedication that he gives to each and every one of us...

I am attaching a little writing for each of you to read and I hope that you realize that your burdens are the heaviest when you refuse to put them down...lay down your glass today and let God take care of it for you. Believe me I realize just how hard that is, I too cling to the negative, I look at the finances and can see that the going out is far greater than the coming in, I look at the pantry and see that the stock does not match the number of days until the next bounty comes in.. I look at the gas gage and wonder how Wayde will get to and from...I have to keep telling myself that God has promised if we live according to his wishes that he will provide for us. As many of you know I have started a little business "Strokes of Love" it has helped us sustain and has afforded us a place to live and food on our table. I paint sometimes for 16 hours per day and I am loving every minute of it. When we were finally beginning to see the light God gave me direction to help a family in need. In prayer I said "God how can I help, we are just barely above water and this direction from you will put us under a bit again" In his still quiet voice he told me to follow his guidance and do what he needed me to do...He led me to Team Avery, a family that has had to deal with cancer in their little son, he had to have his eye removed and has gone through all of the treatment, ones that I have heard adults give account of and I know how harsh they must be for this wee child...I have never seen a picture of him that did not have joy in his face, I have never seen pictures of him crying from the pain and sickness, he just keeps on keepin on....I am sure he cries, I am sure he hurts, I am sure he suffers...but I am sure also that his pure, sweet, gentle spirit is a reminder that with hope and unconditional love he will get through..He has been such a driving force for me, from day one of reading his story and following him, he has been my strength...When God commanded me to help I again asked...Father how will I make it....I am painting these items to help Wayde and I survive and again the still quiet voice of my Father told me..."do as I direct you and I will make a way for you!" then the tooth began to abscess, the new light bill came in, the rent was due, we were again below the water line....I asked God...how am I supposed to make this work and he did not answer...so I am not going to question again. I will keep on donating the shipping fees to this family and I will not ask God again in doubt. I will hang on and know that if he has commanded me to do this he will not let me fail personally...Satan get the behind me or be plowed down because I am honoring my Father in heaven and you are NOT going to stop me!!! We will overcome and we will make it!!!

Put down your glass today and allow your arm some rest!!!! God loves you so much and is right there to empty the contents of that glass so that it is not so heavy to hold...trust him and see the blessings that he will pour over you!!!!




Riding With Empathy
A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything."

Remember to put the glass down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I needed this reminder today Thank you