I hope you know that you are special

   


 Another Saturday night! I pray each of you had a wonderful Saturday:) It has been beautiful here, the weather could not have been nicer, just amazing...our amazing days are numbered though, winter will be here in a few short weeks and then the fun will begin! We still have our summer lot of flies and I will be so, so, happy when they take their leave!
     You know me, I love parables and I love to share them, I came across this one today and really, really like it. How ingenious!!!!
   

Parable of the Pencil

The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him into the box.
“There are 5 things you need to know,” he told the pencil, “Before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best pencil you can be.”
“One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in Someone’s hand.”
“Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but you’ll need it to become a better pencil.”
“Three: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.”
“Four: The most important part of you will always be what’s inside.”
“And Five: On every surface you are used on, you must leave your mark. No matter what the condition, you must continue to write.”
The pencil understood and promised to remember, and went into the box with purpose in its heart.
Now replacing the place of the pencil with you.  Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best person you can be.
One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in God’s hand. And allow other human beings to access you for the many gifts you possess.
Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, by going through various problems in life, but you’ll need it to become a stronger person.
Three: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.
Four: The most important part of you will always be what’s on the inside.
And Five: On every surface you walk through, you must leave your mark. No matter what the situation, you must continue to do your duties.
Allow this parable on the pencil to encourage you to know that you are a special person and only you can fulfill the purpose to which you were born to accomplish.
Never allow yourself to get discouraged and think that your life is insignificant and cannot make a change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good evening my sister in Christ, I would like to ask for you to pray for myself and my family. As my husband has still not been able to find a job and savings account drained and bank account has OD's. and now they are trying to forclose on my house. I know that there are so many going thru such horrible things right now and I am so thankful for a friend and prayer warrior like you... I would also like to ask that you not disclose my name if you post on your blog or FB page, as this is SO embarrassing. I thank you again for your prayers and your encouragement. love in Christ sister.

Dawn said...

Our Father in heaven, I come to you this evening knowing full well of the embarrassment and the hardship of this prayer request, I see the same situation each day and as you know have been right along with them this year! Father this beautiful spirit is sturggling so, I pray that you will turn the tides for her and her family, that you will place them in a situation where they can begin to rebuild their lives, they do not cling to material things they just wish to know that they will have food and housing for health and protection, they pray to be able to pay their way father, for a job that will afford them peace of mind and insurance Lord. Please touch both of their hearts this night with calm that you do have a plan and that it is a might plan designed just for them, reward their obedience with a blessing that will give them comfort father. I know they are clinging to your robes and holding to your promise that in faith and prayer all things are possible and that your will be done. Father fill them with knowledge that this is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed of, it is happening more than not and by her coming forth and asking for prayer she is actually helping others that are to weak to ask for prayer. Ease her troubled heart with your love please, I am on bended knees father asking these special favors in the name of our savior, Jesus Christ. amen!