Don't throw stones at me!!! Don't throw stones at others!!!

        Happy Wednesday evening, I waited today for my fun adventure but it did not come to pass, we shall see what tomorrow brings! I should be bummed out but I know that "life" happens and that things have a way of not turning out for me in the way I expect them to! If I am not a direct descendant of "MURPHY" I should be! I used to laugh and tell people my middle name is MURPHY..."if anything can go wrong, it will!!!" that is the story of my life. I used to get myself all stressed out when things fell through or were delayed, but these days I find that the less I stress the better off I am.
         I ask that you kneel in prayer with me this evening, continuing to pray for those who are battling for life, who have been injured and are fighting to come back to health. Let us pray for those who are in need of inspiration, of renewal of faith, for those who are so far down that they feel all is lost, for those struggling with depression that they wonder if they will ever see the light again. For those being hit with financial issues who feel they will never get above the water! Let us pray for those who are casting stones, and pray that they are not living in glass houses! Pray with me for glorious ground soaking rains to fall in all of the drought stricken areas, let us pray, pray, pray...so many are in need of being lifted! Won't you join us in lifting them in prayer?
         Today I have had this on my mind and feel the need to address it...have you ever been a victim of being talked about behind your back, have you ever fallen victim to being the main subject in a conversation which was very negative and hurtful? Have you been ridiculed, have you been stabbed in the back, have you had people turn their backs on you and walk the other way when you need them most? I have been a victim of this and I will say it hurts like hell! I see this happening more than not and it really burns my buns! Where in the bible does it say that you should ridicule those who are not living up to your standards, where does it say that you are to be held accountable for others actions, quote for me the verse that says to turn and walk away from those that are most in need! I see people snubbing their noses at others, thinking they are superior to others....do we not "all bleed red"? Do we not need to be lifted in prayer when we are faced with trials in our lives, instead of being kicked in the teeth and made to feel unworthy! What is being worthy? Are we all not worthy of God's love, of God's blessings, of God's mercy and grace?

"People who live in glass houses should not throw stones" reminds us that we should be careful how we treat other people (with our words and actions) because we can all be easily hurt. People "throw stones" at other people to try to hurt them, and one way that people try to hurt other people is by saying bad things about them. If you lived in a "glass house" it would be very easy for other people to hurt you by throwing stones at you. "People who live in glass houses should not throw stones" means that we should not say insulting things to other people because they could easily do the same thing to us. Example: "Look at that shirt you are wearing! Did you buy that back in the '80s?!" Answer: "Hey, you're not so young yourself; people who live in glass houses should not throw stones!" Something made of glass can easily break; it is vulnerable; and we are all vulnerable in different ways. Sometimes we forget our own vulnerability and "throw stones" at other people in the form of criticism. A person might remind us that we too have our own faults and weaknesses by saying "people who live in glass houses should not throw stones". Example: "Look at what time it is... you are late again!" Answer: "Hey, how often are you not on time? People who live in glass houses should not throw stones."

The Gospel according to
St. Matthew
7

Judging Others
Lk. 6.37384142
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Mk. 4.24 
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6 ¶ Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.


Tonight I ask you to take a look at your life, if things that you are ridiculing others for were to happen in your home, how would you expect your friends and family to treat you? We are not immune to bad things happening in our lives, we hope that we have relationships with people of integrity and class who will stand in support of us and not turn their backs when the going gets tough! Look long and hard at yourself as I will be looking at me and do not act as if you have been assigned to be "THE JUDGE" God is the judge and he holds the final answer! Don't try to take his job, the last time I checked he has not openings to fill his position!. I love each of you and pray that if you are playing with this fire, or stone I should say, that you will make a vow to stop it, let it go and do what is expected of you in God's book! In the name of Jesus I pray, amen. 

No comments: