A Poem for Megan



Megan, when you called this morning I was breathless to first hear that all of your fears had been laid to rest and that the baby is perfectly healthy. I then was breathless with eager anticipation as to a girl or a boy. When you said a boy my excitement was overwhelming. I know that you will be the best mommy in the world and that D will be one amazing daddy! I am so happy for you my daughter. I love you so much and am thrilled that you will soon finally understand what a child really does to a parents heart! God is blessing you so abundantly love and you are one of the most deserving people I can think of. Your kindness and love for others makes me so pleased to see. I have not written a poem in quiet a number of years but felt like today I wanted to write one just for you. I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck sis!

A Poem for you Megan

You are in my thoughts every step of my way.
Although you are grown and far away,
I know when you're happy or having a bad day.
Just being your mom, I know your way.
I remember the days when me and you
Would gaze out our window, enjoying the view.
the nightly ritual, forever in my head
of taking you in and gently tucking you in bed.
I wish, so often for a moment with you
Not sharing this time, with all, that you do.
Although, I understand and truly care;
I still wish to reach out, and just stroke your hair.
there are times, when I wish, for a hug, and a kiss;
perhaps I just need to tell you all this.
Now you are grown and with child soon of your own,
I long to be near you not just talk on the phone.
You soon will see what all of this means,
when your baby is born there will be no in-betweens.
Oh you will have to share him and one day let him go,
and your heart will twist unlike anything you will ever know.
I am so proud of you and that your journey is in full run,
God is blessing you with the gift of a son.
He will be loved by so many who already do,
but nothing will be more special than the love between he and you.

No comments: