All is a gift from GOD...how will you use it?




Good evening and happy Thursday, just a few more days and we can put this year to rest and begin a NEW one. I pray your day has been a good one, that you are filled with joy and that you are now able to take some YOU time and relax. It has been a good day for me, I am feeling stronger and have been able to be up more than not. I found out that my 1st  GRANDBABY is a BOY and he is healthy and will be here in late May. My daughter is in great health and is happy and much in love, what more could we wish for? 

In prayer this night I asked God to bless each of you with your needs, to touch your hearts with answer to a question you have been asking and for you to feel his love and his compassion. I prayed to Him asking for peace of mind, calm of heart and comfort in body for each of us. I thanked him for the blessing of another day at getting things right and praising our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I asked him to allow me to touch the heart of someone in need of His light today and to bless me with the honor of being able to pray for and with those in need of special, specific blessings. I continued to ask mercy for my sisters father in law as he continues to battle with his health. I sat in quiet reflection of all of the emotions I have had in the last few days and asked Him to bless me with knowledge of what is going on with me, to bless me with understanding and patience in all things. I asked all of this in the name of Jesus our brother, our Lord and our Savior. Amen.


"A Year of Time"

Steven B. Cloud,

Pulpit Helps, Vol. 14, # 2

…Though even thinking on the subject of time may prove discomforting, it is not a bad idea—especially at the beginning of a new year.

As we look into 2012 we look at a block of time. We see 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes, 31,536,000 seconds. And all is a gift from God. We have done nothing to deserve it, earn it, or purchased it. Like the air we breathe, time comes to us as a part of life.

The gift of time is not ours alone. It is given equally to each person. Rich and poor, educated and ignorant, strong and weak—every man, woman and child has the same twenty-four hours every day.

Another important thing about time is that you cannot stop it. There is no way to slow it down, turn it off, or adjust it. Time marches on.

And you cannot bring back time. Once it is gone, it is gone. Yesterday is lost forever. If yesterday is lost, tomorrow is uncertain. We may look ahead at a full year's block of time, but we really have no guarantee that we will experience any of it.

Obviously, time is one of our most precious possessions. We can waste it. We can worry over it. We can spend it on ourselves. Or, as good stewards, we can invest it in the kingdom of God.

The new year is full of time. As the seconds tick away, will you be tossing time out the window, or will you make every minute count?

No comments: