We are not conscious of our weakness except to give us of his strength.




"I will love You, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies."
 Psalm 18:1-3

Good morning and happy BIGGEST LOSER Tuesday. Another weigh in day for me and the season finale on the show. 
I pray your day has kicked off in a great way, that you enjoyed the WAKE UP Song of the morning and are now ready to bob your head and tap your feet through every chore you may undertake today. In prayer this morning I prayed my normal usual prayers for each of you, I asked God to look in to each of you and see your needs, I ask him if it be his will to take care of your needs and allow you rest. I prayed a special prayer for a friend who is having a biopsy today, asking God to lay his hand on the questioned area and make the spots free of any cancer cells. I prayed special prayers for my sweet friend battling with pneumonia, that he might take the sickness from her lungs and wax her strong. I asked God to grant special favor and blessings upon the young woman who has just arrived back into the U.S. after suffering a  horrendous diving accident, asking him to bless her with physicians who will recognize her injuries and with blessed skill treat her with what is needed to repair the damage and bring her back to health. I prayed for my friends daughter who was hit by a vehicle many months ago who has made miraculous comebacks and certainly has beaten the odds, that she might once again turn to our Father in Heaven for the additional strength she is in need of at this time. A special blessing was asked for a friend who is interviewing for a job today that they might see the value in her and give her a chance. For my sweet friends suffering stomach maladies and migraines I ask for a speedy recovery. I asked God to continue to bless my family with health and happiness. As I was closing it occurred to me that I had not thanked him for the gift of your friendship, I love each of you and appreciate the support you give to me each day! In the name of Christ our savior. Amen. 

WEAKNESS or STRENGTH?

Sometimes your biggest weakness can become your biggest strength. Take, for example, the story of one 10-year-old boy who decided to study judo despite the fact that he had lost his left arm in a devastating car accident. The boy began lessons with an old Japanese judo master. The boy was doing well, so he couldn't understand why, after three months of training the master had taught him only one move. "Sensei," the boy finally asked, "Shouldn't I be learning more moves?" "This is the only move I know, but this is the only move you'll ever need to know," the sensei replied. Not quite understanding, but believing in his teacher, the boy kept training. Several months later, the sensei took the boy to his first tournament. Surprising himself, the boy easily won his first two matches. The third match proved to be more difficult, but after some time, his opponent became impatient and charged; the boy deftly used his one move to win the match. Still amazed by his success, the boy was now in the finals. This time, his opponent was bigger, stronger, and more experienced. For a while, the boy appeared to be overmatched. Concerned that the boy might get hurt, the referee called a time-out. He was about to stop the match when the sensei intervened. "No," the sensei insisted, "Let him continue." Soon after the match resumed, his opponent made a critical mistake: he dropped his guard. Instantly, the boy used his move to pin him. The boy had won the match and the tournament. He was the champion. On the way home, the boy and sensei reviewed every move in each and every match. Then the boy summoned the courage to ask what was really on his mind. "Sensei, how did I win the tournament with only one move?" "You won for two reasons," the sensei answered. "First, you've almost mastered one of the most difficult throws in all of judo. And second, the only known defense for that move is for your opponent to grab your left arm." The boy's biggest weakness had become his biggest strength. 

1 comment:

Dawn said...

prayers answered this morning regarding my friend and her job interview...Praise the Lord, she was hired and will begin working next week! Thank you Father for the answered prayers!