Why dosen't God answer????




Good morning all, another day closer to our Savior's Birthday Bash! I pray that your day is a happy one, that there is joy in all that you do and if there is a bit of Scrooge in you, that today will be the day that someone touches your heart and takes it away! 

In prayer this morning, I had to stay inside, the ice crystals in the air, the rush of the wind and the 23 degree temperature was just more than my "Betty Blankie" could keep warm. So I sat in quiet meditation with God, as the furnace hummed a happy little tune!  As I sat reflecting on the good things in my life I began to smile, things are not exactly how I would have orchestrated them, but things are not bad either. my basic needs are being met, I am in love with my soul mate, I have a child who is healthy and happy and each day that I arise I get another day to praise God and to share my love for him with others. In prayer this day I asked God to bless each of us with peace, calm, comfort and understanding. I asked him to provide us with what is needed to get us through this day and to show us those who are in need, allowing us the chance to make a difference. 

I came across this story and found it to be the answer to many questions. If you think He has backed away from you, if you feel he is not listening, if you feel he is not guiding..take a moment to quiet yourself, take a moment to quiet your surroundings and listen. He speaks in mere whispers...you have to listen..if you wish to hear! 


God's Whisper

Not long ago I heard a story about a young man and an old preacher. The young man had lost his job and didn’t know which way to turn. So he went to see the old preacher.

Pacing about the preacher’s study, the young man ranted about his problem. Finally he clenched his fist and shouted, “I’ve begged God to say something to help me. Tell me, Preacher, why doesn’t God answer?”

The old preacher, who sat across the room, spoke something in reply–something so hushed it was indistinguishable. The young man stepped across the room. “What did you say?” he asked.

The preacher repeated himself, but again in a tone as soft as a whisper. So the young man moved closer until he was leaning on the preacher’s chair. “Sorry,” he said. “I still didn’t hear you.” With their heads bent together, the old preacher spoke once more. “God sometimes whispers,” he said, “so we will move closer to hear Him.”

This time the young man heard and he understood. We all want God’s voice to thunder through the air with the answer to our problem. But God’s is the still, small voice. . .the gentle whisper.

Perhaps there’s a reason. Nothing draws human focus quite like a whisper. God’s whisper means I must stop my ranting and move close to Him, until my head is bent together with His. And then, as I listen, I will find my answer. Better still, I find myself closer to God.

Author Unknown
Submitted by Richard

No comments: