I am laying my troubles at God's feet...







Hello and happy Thursday, I pray all is well in your world, that you are filled with cheer and that nothing or nobody can take that smile from your face or that love in your heart today. Yesterday's post stirred many comments and I am so very thankful and blessed to be loved by so many. Thank you all for your kind words and for your prayers. 

In prayer this morning I sat for a long time in the quiet of my little place, just looking out the window at the beauty of the sunrise, as I sat here wondering what is going to come our way I found myself begin to get anxious and then feeling ashamed for "doubting" that God will take care of us. I have faith beyond measure, I believe so deeply in the power of prayer and I trust that all things happen for a reason, which leads me back to something my sweet husband said the other day...." D you know when you sit here so worried that you make yourself sick, it is like saying to God, I don't believe you, I don't trust you and I don't have faith!" It made me sad to think that I was doing such to my Father in Heaven. I know we have been in over our heads before and at the last and final moment God has taken us by the shirt collar and pulled us up allowing us to take a big breath, to fill our lungs with good air and shown us that he is the way....I know we have been worse off than we are at this moment and through faith and love were able to overcome...I know these things...as I sat there I began to cry, I cried for hurting God's feelings, for doubting, for not having enough faith to bring me through this. I pray for so many during the day and when I pray I believe that what I ask of God will ge given, when I lift prayers for others I know that through Jesus Christ that God is listening and executing his plan of action. I just still have a hard time believing that he is listening when I need special blessings. I sat for a long time, tears dripping down my face, feeling ashamed, and then I decided...what will be will be, God does have a plan, he has written my book and I am just in a really rough chapter, maybe he needs to see just how much faith I do have and I refuse to let him down. If we should find ourselves without a home once again, we will survive!!! I am laying my troubles at God's feet, I am clinging to his robes and trusting in him, no more fear in my gut, no more pain and aches in my heart...I am looking toward the heavens and believing that his will...will be done. I lift each of you in prayer this day asking God to comfort you, to calm you, to provide peace for you and to bless you with all that you are in need of. I love each of you and pray fervently in the name of Jesus Christ our Savior. Amen. 

Keep on Trusting in me God...

Yesterday, I told someone that I had the same feeling that Mother Teresa had when she said, "I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish He didn’t trust me so much."
Today I am here saying...I am so happy that my Father in Heaven does trust me this much, I have wallowed long enough and am now ready to show him what I am made of.
 I have had a blessed life, but it has never been an easy one. In my 51 years I have had to deal with sickness, injuries, accidents, and pain. I have had to deal with years of poverty and financial struggles. I have had to deal with the death of loved ones, and being separated from those I love. I have had to deal with anger, betrayal, confusion, depression and at times even despair. 

Like so many before me I have asked the question: Why do bad things happen to good people? It is a question that has been asked throughout the ages. Books have even been written about it. It is a question that will never be answered completely this side of Heaven. Yet, looking back on my own life now I have to believe that at least part of the reason bad things happen to good people is to make them better people. 

When I remember all that I have faced and gone through in this life, I realize that God has used all of it to eventually make me better. With pain came empathy. With grief came healing. With frustration came patience. With struggles came strength. With sorrow came joy. With depression came compassion. With anger came love. And with despair came trust in God. Every test, challenge, and tragedy eventually led me to greater goodness, greater love, and greater Oneness with our Heavenly Father. 

None of us likes the negative experiences in life. None of us enjoys pain. None of us wants to go through sorrow. Still, the truth is that "God causes all things to work together for good for those who love Him." May each day here then help you to grow better and more loving.

No comments: