parting is such sweet sorrow!!!!

After spending several days and lot of meals with my family, tomorrow I will take my leave and head back to Utah, it has been such a wonderful visit, although I did not get to see as many as I would have like to have seen, where does the time go? I am very sad about taking leave but will be happy to get back to my hum drum life in Utah!:) I can only vow that I will never be away from home for this long time period again. I am thinking a visit each year will be on my agenda! I have always felt that I did not measure up to my family, they are all, in a sense, successful, they have made it in life, have their mark here, are established and I never have done anything in my almost 50 years. Aside from not being financially able to make the trip home often, I also have never felt "good enough" and have kept from coming because of it. I will do this no longer, my mom is my heart and I will  not let the lack of who I am deter me from spending time with her, my sisters and brothers are the best, sitting and sharing memories of our youth this past few days has been such an uplift for me! If you suffer struggles with your family and have been away from them for a while, take a step today to bridge the gap, take time, lay down pride, and just make a call..each day that we live, we age, and with the passing time we give away precious moments that could be spent living and loving the ones we came into this world with. In the end, nothing will matter but the memories you hold in your heart, do you want to live you life here on earth with bitterness when you could be living with love? I do not, therefore from this time forward, I will make calls on a regular basis, I will love regardless of my shortcomings and I will be involved with my family. I love each of you and pray that today will be a stepping stone back to your roots. Let the pettiness go and just have a free heart!
May this day you be touched by something or someone who make you realize that the past is just that...the past, that the future is not known and that today is the day to make a memory or two! Have a beautiful 4th of July holiday and LOVE IT:) 

No comments: