grab the towel of "get ye behind me", dry yourself off and see how beautiful your light does shine!!!!!!






Happy "tank filling day" have you taken time to stop and fill yourself full of spirit this morning, remember you never know what the week ahead will be filled with so make sure that "tank" of yours is overflowing so that you can make it to the next "fill up"

It is a hazy morning here in Utah the sun is trying to break through the haze but the haze is hanging on for dear life...I know the "son" is there though, even if I cannot see it shining down on me, I can still fell its warmth just in knowing that it is there and soon will come shining through to once again warm my heart and my face! There are always two ways to see things and today I am choosing the sight of positivity.......

You know I am always talking about "its your choice"? That our day is going to take the way in which we allow it and nothing or nobody can make you have a bad day if you don't allow it??? You know I am always talking about not letting anyone or anything steal your joy??? You know I am always talking about lifting others up and inspiring them with the light of Christ that lives inside you??? Well today I am talking about it some more...sometimes we all feel like there is no light in there, sometimes we feel that we can take no more steps, like we will never smile again, like we are filled with so much poop that the eternal flame has been snuffed out...I do and I know at times you do too.....We open our eyes every morning thinking...."this is going to be a great day" then our feet hit the floor and in every twist and turn there is something that is trying to knock us down, after about the third or fourth knock down many of us feel it is safer just to stay down, then satan pours a bottle of pity on us and we just keep sitting there, he then sprinkles us with  spoonfuls of "I'm worthless" and still we sit there, then he brings in the big guns, the whole gallon of "nobody cares about me" and sloshes it all over us...we sit there wet, broken, down, and still we continue to take each and everything that is dumped on us...WHY do we do this? All we have to do is stand up, grab the towel of "get ye behind me" and dry ourselves off....YES it is that simple, you may say, "my troubles are to large and heavy for me to stand on my feet", you may lash out.." I am not strong enough to grab the "towel" as you sit there wallowing in the mess that makes satan the most happy, you are only a "stand up" away from making the changes that need to be made....

look at the two scenarios below and tell me which you will choose today and for the rest of your days...the CHOICE is yours so you decide...

A) I got to bed late and do not feel like getting up this morning, okay I laid here to long now and am running behind,I drag myself out of bed now upset that I won't have time to take a shower and give attention to my outward appearance before I have to leave for work, I wash my face, throw my hair into a pony and throw on my clothes, these pants are a little wrinkled but because I lingered there in bed I don't have time to iron them. Come on kids get out of bed you are going to be late for school, what do you mean you can't find your shoes....did you look under the pile of unfolded clothes on the couch, maybe under the pile of clutter on the floor? Just grab a pop tart and eat it on the way...HOMEWORK, what do you mean you did not do your homework???? Grrrrrrrr...taking one last look in the mirror I say to myself, gosh you look horrible, you are fat, you are wrinkled, your hair is a mess...but here I go..I get to the car and realize my keys are not in my pocket, back into the house to find where I laid them last, maybe under the stack of bills that are on the table...now I am  going to be late for work...I  get my keys and off I go, why does that darned bus have to be ahead of me...oh Lord now I have to make every stop he makes and wait while the kiddies load...STOP fighting kids, you are making me crazy, hurry up , RUN so you are not late to class...okay now I am at work, yes I am late and my boss is going to be angry..but it is not my fault it was the stupid bus. I walk into the door at work only to be hit with a dozen things that need to be done...RIGHT now...I am tired, I am wrinkled, I am not feeling like doing much of anything and why is everyone seeming to be so happy...God must love them more than me because he has allowed their morning to go well and mine has been crappy. Oh good now it is lunch time, I did not have time to pack my lunch so off to a fast food restaurant I go...there the food is ordered and I am just waiting for my number to be called....REALLY, if I had ordered a cheese burger I would have said a cheese burger, I ordered a burger without cheese, where do they hire these idiots....standing back at the counter at least 4 people are ahead of me...come on I am going to be late getting back to work...finally the burger is what I wanted, but now my fries are cold and don't taste good, throw it in the trash and rush back to work...grrrrrrr...why does God hate me so much, afternoon is filled with one problem after another and the frustration level is way high....good now it is time to drive back home, I hate rush hour traffic...oh yes I have to stop at the market I forgot I am out of milk and bread...grrrrr, I hate having to go to the market after work I think everyone in this town stops at the market after work, why is this stupid line so long, gosh I am only buying bread and milk, don't they have any more cashiers? grrrrrrrrrrr..okay finally have made it home, oh MYLANTA, the dog could not hold it for just another 5 minutes, see even the dog hates me ....cleaning up messes that is just what I wanted to do this evening, if only I would have had the time to take him out before I left but NO...now GOD is punishing me...WHY does he always pick on me, WHY can't he let me have a life like everyone else, WHY can't I have an easy day, WHY, WHY, WHY!!!! STOP fighting kids, just turn on the television and find something to keep you quiet, I have a headache and still have to make something for dinner...STOP FIGHTING... Finally it is time for bed, the dishes will just have to wait until the morning I am exhausted...GO TO SLEEP KIDS, it is passed your bed time....I crawl into bed exhausted and think about how God hates me and always makes my days hard., NO I do not want to be intimate with you husband, I am tired and by the way why did you not take the trash out, and why was your check smaller this week, and why did you spend that 20 dollars on lunch this week..WHY, WHY, WHY, laying as far on my side of the bed as I can to avoid touching you......so excited to wake up to another crappy day tomorrow...

B) the alarm goes off and I take about 10 minutes in prayer, thanking God for all the goodness in my life...out of bed and into the shower....boy am I glad that I ironed my clothes over the weekend so they are nice and neat waiting for me to get dressed...GOOD MORNING my babies, it is time to get out of bed...lets get up and get dressed so we can have our breakfast before we have to leave...sitting at the table, my kids all dressed and ready, blessing and giving thanks to God for this time that we have to share our meal and plan our day...laughter and fun at the table! Lets go, everyone have their homework in their backpacks? Great job my babies, lets go! Get in and buckled up I will be right there have to take the doggie out! Laughter and chatter all the way to school, have a great day, I love you!!!! Now off to the office, Good morning all, how is your day:) smiles and laughter! Difficult clients today but not going to let them drag me down...Yes Mr..Soandso, how can we help you in getting this problem cleared up. You are most welcome, have a wonderful day. Sitting in the lunch room, there is sweet Soandso sitting there looking so sad, hello, how are you today, oh I'm sorry you are having a tough time, is there anything I can do to help...take a quiet, silent moment. "Heavenly Father, please see her needs and make provision for her this day, help her to replace her sadness with joy and to see that the blessings in life far outweigh the bad. Back to my desk, boy what a beautiful day it is today...Off of work, oh geez I forgot I have to stop at the store...lets make a game of it, I am going to see how many people I can get to smile....deed done, boy that line was long but I got three smiles and a "how are you today" so its all good.. Home from work, oh I love walking in to this tidy house, so glad me and the kids tidy up each evening before bed. Dog taken out, dinner cooking, kids are doing homework, I think I will take a few moments for myself..on bended knees in the calm and comfort of my room giving thanks to Father God for this day...laying on the bed, listening to the laughter of my children, eager for my spouse to get home from work so that we can have dinner and then some family time before bed...Okay kids it is time to make your way to bed, tidy house all back packs full and accounted for, bread and milk in the fridge for breakfast...what a beautiful day it has been, thanking God for the things that could have gone wrong that didn't and for allowing me patience and understanding for all that did go wrong. Lets do family prayer kids, all on our knees in the living room, each of us giving thanks for the day. Kisses, hugs, love all around. Good night and sweet dreams, I'll see you in the morning, finally getting to snuggle in with my husband, talking about the good and bad of the day and once again confessing our love for one another...Thank you God for loving me and being my strength when I come upon a storm in my day, thank you for always loving me and making a way for us! 

Okay you CHOOSE, which day would you rather have? I know you saw many things in A) that resemble your life at times, and I know you looked at B) and said REALLY, this is a fantasy story....NO it is not, it is all a matter of how you look at things and a matter of how you accept and handle the titches of each day...DID you notice the main difference???? PRAYER, yes there was prayer and thanksgiving in the second scenario...

So now how are you going to conduct your day? Are you going to live A) or are you going to live B) ????? 

Family prayers extend beyond meals and bedtime. Our needs extend beyond food and fears. Families should discuss and pray together on a variety of issues. By integrating a Bible verse(s) (Ephesians 6:1–3) with prayer, children can be encouraged to ask God to help them obey their parents. Parents show their obedience to God by respecting and honoring each other (1 Peter 3:7). Children experience security as they witness their parents praying for God’s help as well. As the mother seeks to please God in her prayers, God rewards her family (Proverbs 31:10–12, 28-29). As the father assumes his place as spiritual leader in the home, God blesses the family (Genesis 18:19). By example, their children will approach the Lord regularly as if they we were crawling up into a loving Father's lap.



No comments: