I pray we "DON"T FORGET WHERE IT CAME FROM!"

 

  Good morning and Happy Sunday, oh you know it is my favorite day of the week, gotta fill this spiritual tank so I can make it another week with the shield of God held before me to keep satan away! I love the fact that we can shield him only by calling upon God, that when we are at risk of faltering we can raise our hands to the heavens, ask God to help you overcome and BOOM, he is right there pulling us back to our feet and giving us strength to carry on! Praising his name this beautiful morning!
     In prayer this morning I bowed my head humbly and prayed for each of you, that today be a day that affords you time to fill your tank, that today be a day that allows you to God's love, that today be a day of renewal of faith and answers to prayers! I prayed all of the normal, usual prayers that I pray and before I closed my prayer I was moved by the spirit to allow myself time to reflect on all of the wonderful blessings that have been placed before me, I think when I am being blessed the most I forget sometimes to give credit and thanks to our Father in heaven. I think I get so wrapped up in the goodness that I neglect to take time to acknowledge that he is the reason! Today I thank him for the very breath  I take, I thank him for providing my basic needs and for blessing me each and every day with love and compassion! I saw a picture yesterday that got my gears turning!
 What if! I thought long and hard on this and vow this day to thank him for everything, not to get so caught up in the goodness that I forget where it came from!
     I think back to the times when I have done nice things for others and not expecting anything in return but a thank you and the thank you never being delivered...my first thought was..."I will never do that again, she/he does not even appreciate it!" I wonder how many times a day God does good and does not get the THANK YOU! I am being saddened by a lack of thank you from one person, God blesses all of us each and every day...oh my Gosh I think I would have already turned my back and walked away! He loves us so much and that is all he wants from us is acknowledgement! THANK YOU, THANK YOU , THANK YOU,  and Father I promise I will do better, I will acknowledge you for all things and not take for granted your kindness, grace and mercy every again!
   I pray this day is filled with blessings and that for each you take a moment and thank him, remember unanswered prayers are blessings too, we just do not know what the meaning of them are as of yet! God bless each of you with his love and continued compassion, in Christ's beautiful name, amen!


The Bible says…

  • "Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul, And fills the hungry soul with goodness." Psalm 107:8-9
  • "Praise the LORD! Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Who can utter the mighty acts of the LORD? Who can declare all His praise?" Psalm 106:1-2
  • "I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving." Psalm 69:30
  • The Bible provides a record of many people thanking the Lord…
  • "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Phil. 4:6
  • "As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving."Colossians 2:6-7 (NKJV)
  • Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NKJV)
  • "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name." Psalm 100:4
  • People were rebuked for not thanking God for their harvest, seeJeremiah 5:24-25
  • If people withheld their praise to God, the stones would have cried out. See Luke 19:37-40

    

No comments: