Dancing with God


Good evening, and YES I am alive, I contracted some type of very nasty stomach virus Christmas night, missed an entire day yesterday as I could not even get out of bed for anything more that the bathroom and back to bed, I am just now able to sit up long enough to write this blog. Now unfortunately Wayde is affected and is doing poorly. Boy this is a bad dose of "gombuu" I pray that the holiday has been a more healthful one than ours and that you are now looking forward to the NEW YEAR festivities!

I prayer this evening I ask each of you to say a little prayer for our household, for a healing that will take over quickly and allow the both of us to be well. I pray that each of you had a magical Christmas and that you felt the spirit of Jesus as you celebrated. I pray for each of you that there is peace in your heart, calm in your mind, and comfort in your bodies. I ask that you pray with me for my sister's father in law as he is struggling with healing after a most horrible fall. He is in the hospital and not doing well. I ask our Father in heaven to bless him with healing if it be his will, to keep him from feeling pain and to hold him in his lap and comfort him each step of the way. Father he is such a wonderful spirit, a obedient son and a perfect mentor for his own sons, bless him with his next stage of life. I ask our heavenly Father to bless all who are suffering, for all that are struggling and for all that are in need of blessings. In the name of Jesus I ask these favors. Amen. 




Dancing with God


Source Unknown


When I meditated on the word Guidance, I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word. I remember reading that doing God’s will is a lot like dancing.

When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn’t flow with the music, and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.

When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music.

One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing lightly in one direction or another.

It’s as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word Guidance. When I saw "G" I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i". "God," "u" and "i" dance." God, you and I dance.

As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life. Once again, I became willing to let God lead.

My prayer for you today is that God’s blessings and mercies be upon you on this day and everyday.

May you abide in God as God abides in you.

Dance together with God, trusting God to lead and to guide you through each season of your life.

"You changed my mourning into dancing…"
Ps 30:12

No comments: